The VG Resource

Full Version: Megaman ZT : A long running and evolving project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!
A friend of mine had suggested I post about this little project in other forums, so here goes a first try.
Some people might recognize the title above or remember seeing something similar back on the website that originally hosted the fan game Megaman 21XX, a game called Zero Tolerance created by a user on click and create named F-99, as seen here.

That was me, back when I was naive and excited about making video games. Though I'm still a little naive at times, lol. Smile Since then the game has gone through a few revisions, ultimately leading to the creation of a metroidvania style engine with a few fan characters.

[Image: MMZTBanner.png]

Some of these changes has included what's been dubbed the Point Break Manuever system. Basically we disabled contact damage unless the enemy is moving or directly attacking... unless you're jumping in to attack. It allowed for additional moves to be added for different characters as well as allowing for grapple attacks by the melee character.

[Image: MyProgress2.gif]

At first the game had whopping 24 bosses planned, each one giving a seperate weapon data for the player. Since then, we've combined several bosses and in some case boss battles to lower the number a great deal. Every boss battle has 2 parts to it with each part capable of bestowing a different weapon data element.

Another change was the wittling down of characters, plot changes have brought the cast down from 4 characters (2 to begin with, 2 gained through story) to 3 and a half characters as mentioned in the download link here.

Mp3s for the various areas can be found here.

Designs have started to be posted here as well.

Additional progress is here.

I know the demo is small, but that's largely because a lot of work has been going into the engine and I'm not that good of a map planner, lol. Smile

I was hoping to possibly get some mapping and spriting help from a couple places. A lot of the sprites in the game so far are placeholders, they're meant to be Xtreme sprites shaded internally in the 32-bit fashion like this set here.
[Image: NaviExample.png] [Image: thing.gif] [Image: VeraDash2.gif]
Also open to new enemy types as well.

A large part of the mapping is just general shape of rooms, how they connect together. There's an ability to connect rooms in a T-form with foreground doors. Will update with a list of areas when I get to the computer where they're stored. Smile
Yeah... mixing sprite styles...

not a good idea.
Is that first image a good example of the graphics and shading, or are they works in progress?? Compared to the two blue guys, the shading is far inferior on the others. =/
The top of the first image is essentially what the final product is going to look like. Like I said, the sprites in the game so far for the most part are WIPs unshaded sprites so I can work more with the engine more then anyything. I was looking at different tilesets as well, but there seemed to be even fewer people working in those. We were working to tweak the coloration of the current tiles to fit the eventual shadings of the rest of the sprites.
-edit-
I should also mention, the current 'icons' for the weapon datas are very WIP. ^^; I just created those versions so I had some idea of what was what for engine testing.
hey, its tuna. looks great as always