The VG Resource

Full Version: A Doodle a Day Keeps Insanity at Bay! An Artists Attempt to Remain Sane. [ART] 3 PAST DAYS UPDATES!!! 10 DAYS SO FAR!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I am SpartanFever, and I am an artist.

Drawing helps keeping me chill, so I decided to doodle at least once a

day and post it here, to keep myself sane. I have already done this for

three days to start this thread off nicely and I will continue posting my

daily doodle. I am not going 100% on these as they are doodles, but do

give me some comments on it.

I am more of cartoon/outrageous drawer, and have been told that I am

creative and very crazy.

Well here are the first three days:

Day 1:

Crazy little ugly hobbit goblin:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk310...leDay1.png
Well, not much behind that, I just sketched this in 30 seconds.

Day 2:

This simplicity of my jacket on my chair:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk310...leDay2.png
This is my jacket on my chair, obviously, I decided to draw this one night for no reason. I tried to shade in a different manner that I had never done before.

Day 3:

Attack of the Killer French Breakfast:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk310...leDay3.png
When a scientific experiment goes horribly wrong, the French breakfast (Two crepes and a cup of milk) turns into a mutant group that will anihalate all other breakfast competition. Watch out iHop.

Day 4:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk310...leDay4.png

I really liked Invader Zim and decided to give it a go.

Doodle Day 5:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk310...leDay5.png

I really liked Howl's Moving Castle also, maybe Calcifer and Howl to follow?

Doodle Day 6:

Come one people, post! This won't last a year without your valuable support.

Anyway onto the doodle.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk310...leDay6.png
I really don't like it, I was very tired and I couldn't draw today, and I messed on possible the easiest thing ever, Doodle Jump

Doodle Day 7:

Today, I drew some of our favorite childhood comic book animal characters, Hobbes, Snoopy, and Garfield. No I am not underestimating myself but I don't like how the head of Hobbes or the Mouth of Garfield came out. Also, this is a learning experience for me, so please give c+c. (I will not be changing old doodles, but rather applying c+c on new doodles)

[Image: DoodleDay7.png]

Doodle Day 8:
[Image: DoodleDay8.png]

Doodle Day 9:
[Image: DoodleDay9.png]

Doodle Day 10:
[Image: DoodleDay10.png]

Yup, I will post my future doodles on future posts, or edit a post if no one responds.
Some of them are really nice. I like the jacket on the shirt but I couldn't really tell what it was until I read the post. I suggest you give it a little more detail around the hoodie and make the chair more define. Also the last doodle is a big lost of quality are you sure you drew that? Because every other doodle looks amazing compared to that one. Give a little more detail to those guys and from what I see on the other doodles I know you can do much better than that. Keep at it.
Umm.... Thank you? I thought they all sucked but ok. What should I learn from that last one ( what did I do wrong?)
(02-07-2010, 01:37 AM)SpartanFever Wrote: [ -> ]Umm.... Thank you? I thought they all sucked but ok. What should I learn from that last one ( what did I do wrong?)

Actually almost every single thing is wrong on the last one. I suggest you start everything over and don't forget about using some reference.
Here is the next doodle:

Doodle Day 4:
[Image: DoodleDay4.png]

Have you got pets or siblings? If so, draw them. If they move, start over.
(02-07-2010, 12:00 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2010, 01:37 AM)SpartanFever Wrote: [ -> ]Umm.... Thank you? I thought they all sucked but ok. What should I learn from that last one ( what did I do wrong?)

Actually almost every single thing is wrong on the last one. I suggest you start everything over and don't forget about using some reference.
are you really trying to give advice mister "i-can't-draw-anything-at-all-ever-but-i-claim-to-be-a-freelance-artist-and-also-i-write-5-sentence-movie-reviews-on-a-website-for-my-friends-that-i-call-mablema-but-my-friends-dont-really-exist"?
Wow lord gold, I understand that that might be true, but please keep comments on subject
(02-07-2010, 05:26 PM)lord gold Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2010, 12:00 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]

are you really trying to give advice mister "i-can't-draw-anything-at-all-ever-but-i-claim-to-be-a-freelance-artist-and-also-i-write-5-sentence-movie-reviews-on-a-website-for-my-friends-that-i-call-mablema-but-my-friends-dont-really-exist"?

You're a dick, oh wait you're 1up I guess that's just you and again I don't write the reviews it's my friend I just post them on the blog. Mabelma, it ain't that difficult.

(02-07-2010, 03:52 PM)SpartanFever Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the next doodle:

Doodle Day 4:
[Image: DoodleDay4.png]

They look very nice. Some of the lines are a bit wavy but nice. Keep up the good work. See reference does help and a lot.
Doodle Day 5:

[Image: DoodleDay5.png]

I really liked Howl's Moving Castle also, maybe Calcifer and Howl to follow?
Doodle Day 6:

Come one people, post! This won't last a year without your valuable support.

Anyway onto the doodle.
[Image: DoodleDay6.png]
I really don't like it, I was very tired and I couldn't draw today, and I messed on possible the easiest thing ever, Doodle Jump
that octopus-thing is interesting.
Interesting as in bad right? Ya, I really didn't want to draw yesterday, but I had to respect the commitment.

Any comments on Markl and SCarecrow, or invader zim?
(02-10-2010, 10:01 AM)SpartanFever Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting as in bad right?

The hell? What are you talking about?

you're underestimating yourself, and this is not cool to do, man.

if you want comments to reply saying that you're bad, then I don't have anything to say here.
Nononononno! That is not what I meant. I like a lot of my drawings. I am just not proud of the recent one. Sometimes when people mean interesting they mean bad.

Please just give me C+C, I am not underestimating myself
Pages: 1 2