The VG Resource

Full Version: April 15; the day old X-Box LIVE shuts down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/02/0...games.aspx

just announced it yesterday
and I caught the message while browsing Bungie.net

well, as it says, Microsoft is going to permanently shut off LIVE for the old X-Box. Even if you're using the 360.

Shit sucks :[
So this basically means we will no longer be able to purchase original Xbox games off the 360 arcade?
that
I have no idea

I think you'll be able to do that, at the very least
but you just won't be able to play LIVE with them :\
basically, after april 15th there will be no reason to play splinter cell: chaos theory
also microsoft has already said no more original xbox games on xbox live so

(edit: no 'new' ones, anyway.)
Does this mean the 100 friend limit (caused by Xbox games) is going to be abolished?
r.i.p halo 2 multiplayer
I guess there wouldn't be much reason to buy any Xbox 1 games now for my 360

At least there will be the bright side of things on this though
(02-06-2010, 07:07 PM)Keychain Wrote: [ -> ]r.i.p halo 2 multiplayer

gr8 man
xbox connect is always another option since it basically tells the game you are on system link but you're playing with others who have xbc on the internet
(02-06-2010, 05:41 PM)bryan GT broyan Wrote: [ -> ]basically, after april 15th there will be no reason to play splinter cell: chaos theory

which sucks, I enjoyed that game

well
at least we have Double Agent and Conviction :[
do people still play Double Agent's multiplayer? i figured it was pretty much universally hated by the "splinter cell community"
you know, I'm going to have to check

I haven't played it in forever so I don't know if people still play it or not :\
plus I have never had the pleasure to meet anyone who would be a part of the die-hard Splinter Cell community so yeah

it'd be pretty fun to pick it up again, either way~
Double Agent is just a watered down version of Chaos Theory. I don't recommend it if you were a hardcore Chaos Theory man. It is fun though, especially if you're like me and sucked at Chaos Theory.
the one thing I hated about Chaos Theory was how it favored spies over mercs

I mean
Spies literally tortured mercs with being able to drop them with just about anything
hell, going Super Mario was enough to kill a merc

plus most hosts are gigantic extremely distinguished gentlemen and *always* play on Spy team, and they love to give Mercs huge fucking handicaps so when the fourth person joins the room, it's 1 merc versus 3 spies and the merc isn't allowed to use any equipment and has one life
oh and the spies don't give a shit about the objectives

at least in DA the Spies lack their tazers and have to possess some sort of skill to take on a Merc
and because of this you don't have the host problem
oh and also you can have 3v3s instead of Chaos Theory's 1v3 maximum
Pages: 1 2