The VG Resource

Full Version: Hotel Mario (CD-i)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Update: I've decided to stop ripping from Hotel Mario.

Miscellaneous
[Image: coinj.png] [Image: hotelmariofont.png] [Image: mushroom.png]
Just a simple coin, but a cool rip.
So this is were Morshu hid the real coins! Great rip.
Thanks for the support. You want the font? It's yours as long as you... spray Ludwig's cologne into your mouth?
Loving your rips, man.
How are you pulling this off so easily?
I ripped from hotel mario and it put me in the hospital...
Whats your secret?
What I'm looking forward to the most is the bosses. Big Grin Morshu ish mysh idleshu.
I didn't have enough time to rip more, but I ripped the Super Mushroom. I'll try to get Wiggler, Morton, and more Zelda rips next week. Chaofanatic, I'm not sure if this is my secret, but I played a Mario Sports game before I started ripping from the CD-i. Mario Sports games are mind-numbing. It had boring music, irritating voice acting (random, generic kids constantly screaming), and was just running around and hitting a ball with no variety. I'm not saying that Hotel Mario is a great game, but it tries to have variety (but it doesn't have it), the music is surprisingly good, and the voice acting makes me laugh instead of making my ears bleed. Hotel Mario isn't a great game, but it's better than Mario Sports.
(02-13-2010, 07:45 PM)Morshu Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't have enough time to rip more, but I ripped the Super Mushroom. I'll try to get Wiggler, Morton, and more Zelda rips next week. Chaofanatic, I'm not sure if this is my secret, but I played a Mario Sports game before I started ripping from the CD-i. Mario Sports games are mind-numbing. It had boring music, irritating voice acting (random, generic kids constantly screaming), and was just running around and hitting a ball with no variety. I'm not saying that Hotel Mario is a great game, but it tries to have variety (but it doesn't have it), the music is surprisingly good, and the voice acting makes me laugh instead of making my ears bleed. Hotel Mario isn't a great game, but it's better than Mario Sports.

Oh. Well then...
I respect you so much for doing this.
Are you going to do all of the bosses?
Yes, I'm ripping all of the bosses. I'm just trying to rip Wiggler and Morton this week because they're the only sprites except Fire Flower and 1-up Mushroom that are in the first hotel and haven't been ripped. I don't know if I can rip the Fire Flower and 1-up Mushroom because they appear randomly and are rare. The Mario Sports game that I played was Mario Tennis on GBA. It's worse than the Mario and Zelda CD-i games.

EDIT: Wiggler is harder to rip than I expected it to be, and I don't have much time to rip sprites. I don't know if I can finish Wiggler and rip Morton this week.
Actualy the fire flower and 1-up only appear when mario is powered up (glowing/ on acid) They appear out of doors. They arn't randomized either, they all have specific doors that they come out of. I just dont remember which ones.
Do you remember if there are any powerups in Hotel 1-8? I'm stuck on 1-9 because I can't get a flower (There's a mushroom hidden in the first door in 1-9, but I can't get a second powerup from the door.) that I need to kill the three Wigglers quickly enough to close the doors before they respawn and open the doors again. I tried to look for a mushroom in 1-8 to replace with a flower in 1-9, but I can't find one in 1-8. Without a flower, a Wiggler opens a door or respawns 2 seconds before I can close the last door and fight (and rip) Morton.

I need a tool to rip Wiggler. There are no tools to rip CD-i sprites, so I can't rip it. If anyone wanted the CD-i Wiggler sprites, sorry.
Have you tried searching for gameplays on Youtube? Maybe this'll help you find the power ups you may need.
http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=aIyO-ojuj...re=related
Thanks, but in the video, it doesn't show Mario using a flower in 1-9 or finding a powerup (Starmen don't replace flowers) in 1-8. The Wigglers didn't respawn at the end of 1-9 in the video. When I kill them, they use the closed doors that they spawned from at the beginning to respawn. When the Wigglers respawn, their doors open, and they open the other doors. I kill them again, but when I'm about to close the last door, they respawn again. The video was recorded from a real CD-i, so the Wigglers don't respawn on the real CD-i. It's probably a problem with the emulator. If I find a flower, I can burn the Wigglers before they open the other doors and kill them with 1 fireball instead of 4 jumps.
You know...
I just thought of something...
What ever happened to the tree and the brick hotel?
They never vanished or colapsed or exploded...
Mario and Luigi just walked away...
Pages: 1 2