The VG Resource

Full Version: New Sections?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Once again, our "Other" section seems to be getting a bit unruly. What systems jump out at you as needing their own sections? Here are some thoughts (some have been brought up before):

1. Move 32X and Sega CD to the Genesis section and alter the tag (something like "Genesis and Peripherals)
2. Make a new section for Game Gear and maybe Master System (If everyone thinks it warrants its own section... I can't tell which games are GG and which are MS. I never owned either. Shut up.)
3. Reorganize the sidebar to something like this;
-Custom Sprites
-Arcade
-Game Boy/Game Boy Color
-Game Boy Advance
-DS
-NES
-Super NES
-Game Gear
-Master System (?)
-Genesis and Peripherals
-PSX/PS2
-PC/Computer
-Mobile Phone
-Other Systems

Anything else?
I think Genesis can be called Genesis/SegaCD/32x or Genesis/CD/32x and maybe put Master System together with Game Gear (Game Gear/Master System) or let it continue at Other Systems.
Also think that Custom sprites should be at the bottom, under Other Systems

What about putting the PSP stuff along with PSX/PS2? (PSX/PS2/PSP)
Other idea is a GC/Wii session, maybe make this N64/GC/Wii :p
you forgot index
Thank you for your wonderful and useful input, not to mention the brilliance and entertainment of your signature.
What I'm wondering is, if someone were to click on a game that was in the PSX/PS2 section for example, how would that person know which system that game is for? We should have some sort of way of telling the one browsing the site.
"Other Sega Systems"?
Make it so Genesis is called Mega Drive if viewed from the UK.
In Brazil and many European countries Genesis is called Mega Drive, not only UK :p
Ah the UK probably used to own those places anyway...
That was a poor joke, with an incredibly bad taste
Maybe tSR needs dynamic section menus? Like instead of the section navigation being arranged by system, it's arranged by system maker instead?

Example: Say you click Sony. You'd then get a menu appearing (or taken to a page) that lists all of Sony's consoles and handhelds. When you choose a system, you're taken to that system's section that has all the rips for that section.
(02-04-2010, 07:10 PM)lord gold Wrote: [ -> ]how is it unfair when you're not allowed to play with people who have dlc you dont have

(02-04-2010, 08:51 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]That was a poor joke, with an incredibly bad taste

Yeah I suck, sorry.
Hmm. The moving of games is currently pretty hard to do, so I'll see about doing something in the future to work towards this.
Maybe end of the month when I have more time!
Okie doke.
Something I thought of earlier today; What about a Pirates/Fangames section?
Pages: 1 2