The VG Resource

Full Version: yo spamhaul i need some advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What would you do in this situation? (Actually, this should probably be in "real life", but...)

Okay, so the other day, I reconnected with an old friend from about two years ago.

This friend (we'll call him Jeff) used to be a gigantic WoWfag back in high school, and he used to play games and stuff all the time. That was how we met, and we'd basically nerd out whenever we'd talk at lunch. We never actually hung out outside of school though.

Jeff was a year ahead of me, and after he graduated, he basically dropped off the face of the earth for a year. He changed all his account names, and everyone lost contact with him. Even his little brother who was 2 years below me didn't know where he was. There was a rumor going around that he was going to a nearby college, but nobody actually knew.

Fast forward a year. Out of nowhere, Jeff gets on AIM. We talk for about 5 minutes, but he has to go. During that time I learned that:

a) He somehow moved out of his house, dropped out of college, found a roommate, and got an apartment downtown.
b) He's traded his old WoW addiction out for weed and sold his computer and all his gaming stuff for weed money.
c) He works at a Bojangles downtown.

I never saw him on AIM after that.

Fast forward another year. I'm talking to a friend in college, who I learn is a mutual friend of Jeff's. He basically explains to me that Jeff is now an enormous pothead who does pretty much nothing, and always tries to bum rides and stuff off of him.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago. I go to the bojangles near my house to get some food. It had just snowed and there's a guy shovelling the parking lot. On the way out of the restaurant, I hear him say my name. I stand there and look at him for a second, and I recognize him. It's Jeff.

We talk for a while, but he's completely different than he was when he was in school. The way he talks is even totally different. Basically, he's been transferred to the bojangles near my house from the one downtown. He somehow got kicked out of his apartment downtown. (He didn't really go into details, but he did say something about weed.) Pretty much since all he does now is smoke, the conversation quickly ended up on weed and it turned out that he was high as we were talking and had two large bags of weed with him.
As I'm leaving, he asks for my cell number. Being nice, (he's an old friend) I give it to him.

Fast forward to today. He calls my cell and asks what I'm doing tomorrow. He wants to hang out. I have school and have to work, so I tell him. He says that he's busy every day except tomorrow, but he'll call me on the weekend.

So here's what I need help with.

Old friend that no longer shares any of the same interests as me wants to hang out. I haven't seen the guy for two years, but honestly, I'm not really sure if I want to. It could be entirely possible that he just wants someone to give him rides as my other friend said, and I'm definitely not going to be his taxi.

How do I get out of hanging out with him? I'm not just talking this weekend, I'm talking pretty much... ever. I obviously don't want to just say no to him, but how do I get out of hanging out with him without sounding like a dick?
Well you could hang out with him and just let him know your not a taxi driver. Don't go and drive to hang out with him either otherwise he could just use you for a ride. Just head to where he's at on foot and walk around or something. Maybe bring up conversations of what you two used to do to spark his interest back into what he used to do. If it ends up not workin out and he just bugs you for rides just forget about him and stop talking to him.
[Image: india.jpg]
Tell him to fuck off.
dear vipershark, no matter what you do, you'll always sound like a dick.

yours truly

Mexican Bastard
You Are Gay
(02-02-2010, 10:26 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]Mexican Bastard

metaru finally admits it
[Image: 42-youve-activated-my-trap-card.jpg]
its the second time someone uses this agaisnt you.

good job.
(02-02-2010, 11:17 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 42-youve-activated-my-trap-card.jpg]
its the second time someone uses this agaisnt you.

good job.
whered you get this pic of me
you are not black tyvon.

you are not.
solution kill him and then yourself you stupid shit
(02-02-2010, 11:20 PM)bryan GT broyan Wrote: [ -> ]solution kill him and then yourself you stupid shit

lock this thread right now there is no reason for it to go on after this