The VG Resource

Full Version: Graphics card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggest me a decent graphics card that's at most 100 dollars (preferably nVidia) and works in a laptop (I found a 1GB nVideo gfx card for 70 bucks but it's for a desktop).
Pretty sure that you can't change the graphics cards in laptops. If it's possible, well it'll be hell to do. Sorry bro, I was in the same boat as you, but then I decided to get over it and just get an xbox.
Yeah but you see I'd actually like to receive updates for TF2 and not pay to play online.
You can change your graphics card on a laptop, but it kind of depends on what one you have otherwise you won't be able to change it.
Laptop would be a Dell Studio 1735.
32-bit, 4 GB of RAM
Graphics card would be Intel Core 2 Duo (half-gig of memory, I think)
(02-01-2010, 06:25 PM)Colton. Wrote: [ -> ]Laptop would be a Dell Studio 1735.
32-bit, 4 GB of RAM
Graphics card would be Intel Core 2 Duo (half-gig of memory, I think)

If you think that your Intel Core 2 Duo is a graphics card you're going to have more than a little bit of trouble finding a graphics card much less putting it in your computer.

Anyways, you may be able to change it, but its rather unlikely since 1. many laptops now have motherboard integrated graphics cards and 2. laptop parts are made to fit into a specific model of a laptop with generally little more space in between than necessary. You'd be better off just getting a desktop honestly.
That fucking sucks. And when I checked, it said "chipset". So... yeah. But I really don't have the money for a desktop and I often go to my mom's and bring my laptop along so I can play there too. There's gotta be something.
(02-01-2010, 06:42 PM)Colton. Wrote: [ -> ]That fucking sucks. And when I checked, it said "chipset". So... yeah. But I really don't have the money for a desktop and I often go to my mom's and bring my laptop along so I can play there too. There's gotta be something.

Not that I'm aware of. Sorry, but if you can't get a desktop and refuse to get a game console then you're kinda outta luck. :\
Well I found something that works for an alternative I guess. I tested it and it's working better than not doing anything at all. I'll I did was increased the heap size to about 1.5 GB (as said, RAM is 4 GB) and it seems to be running a bit faster. Oh well.