The VG Resource

Full Version: Carpaccio's Distribution Outlet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and welcome to Carpaccio's Distribution Outlet, where we provide solid sprites and backgrounds to you, our loyal patrons and friendly advisors. With the R&D department of our company hard at work on obscure file types, we aspire to deliver to you the finest in quality spriting. Please have a look at our fine output to see for yourself that we are hard at work ripping and extracting for our patrons and we will supply no less than absolute perfection when it comes to our products. Below you will find a list of our items in the order they were distributed, with any minor notes that may concern the method of which they were extracted.

1/28/2010
Bunny Must Die (Chelsea and the Seven Devils)
-Main Characters, Final Boss
-Enemies, Tiles
-Final Bunny, Cutscene Images
Notes: These files were ripped from .dat files located in the internal folders of the game. To do so I had a little help from my friends who are more educated when it comes to programming and hex editing. What was required was a simple 'xor' run, and a run through FileStripper. The resulting files were given with a transparency, which made them difficult to alter to users of Paint, so I put in a non-blending background, so they can easily be copied and pasted. If anyone wishes to have the tiles seperated, I have the file in components in one big PNG, all they need do is PM me or leave a message here.

Plants VS Zombies
-All Graphics
Notes: These are the full graphics files from the game Plants VS Zombies. If you're wondering how I got them, let's just say if I told you how it would violate my anonymity on the Internet and I really shouldn't be giving them to you if you knew who I was.

2/1/2010
Cave Story
-Full Tile Set
Notes: These are ALL the tiles from the PC version of Cave Story. Ripped using a rather simple editing tool developed for Cave Story. I might just rip the complete maps soon for just the heck of it.

4/16/2010
Drawn to Life
-Baki
Notes: Special thanks to Barubary for creating the tool that views the files. It was, is, and will be used to view and extract all the sprites I can manage from this game. Expect more updates as time goes on.

1/1/2011
Knights Rush (Ipod Touch Game)
-Four Legged Pod
-8-Bit Boss
-8-Bit Knight
-Archer Player
-Assasin Version 1
-Assasin Version 2
-Ballista
-Barbarian Player
Notes: The format for these was really easy, so no real props go to anyone, except maybe Ragey, who suggested StitchStudio for assembly of the sheets. I need some help with my more recent iPod touch game project, so if you can disassemble files and know scripting or such necessary skills, head over to Ripping Questions where my question awaits, and a link to a forum which helps with such problems.
You sounded more like a drug dealer than anything else.
Well, let's see

From Bunny Must Die the main character (Bunny and Dynamite Bunny form) were ripped by Shadow443 not long ago.
And you really should try a program that deals with transparency, there's lot of free programs that can do it.

From Plant VS Zombies...Sounds dangerous :o
Think you can split up the Bunny sheets? Final Bunny on one, ending on one, enemies, etc? Also, if you can grab me a good Plants vs Zombies screen, that would be awesome.
With the Bunny sheets, they came out like that because that's the way they were in the game data. I'll seperate them tonight.

Here's a screenshot for Plants VS Zombies.Click here Sir
Cool. Thanks!
While screwing around with the Bunny Must Die tilesets, I figured it'd be fun to rip a different tileset that would be easier to organize. Thus, the full Cave Story tileset. Enjoy, my friends.
You had to use tools for Cave Story? Weren't they just renamed bmps?
The sprites are renamed BMPs, but not the tilesets. The tilesets were all combined into on big file with the maps and were organized with in-game information. Oddly enough the backdrops are in the pbm files, but not the tilesets themselves.
Update, fellows. I'm working on Drawn to Life for the DS. And thanks to Barubary, it's becoem quite easy to rip from the game.
awesome! i love drawn to life!
Cool! I like this game.
Nice work
Greetings people. It's been a while, but here's some stuffs, enjoy, and help me if you can!