The VG Resource

Full Version: doom 64 marine sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i has ripped the doom 64 marine (faster than i did splatterhouse...(in two days!)) for you guys since there is no things in the doom 64 thing except for the weapons. i ripped these! i did not search the internet and took those one d64 absolution sprites some guy ripped.

[Image: doom64guy.png]
By frostdeamon45 at 2010-01-24

"direct link" http://yfrog.com/judoom64guyp
They look stretched...
(01-24-2010, 06:42 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]They look stretched...

uh, what do you mean by stretched? (left right stretch or up down stretch?)
Would it be possible for you to do them again? I remember reading that there is a graphics setting for one of the N64 emulators that rips the textures as they show up. Let me see if I can look it up.

Found it. Searched Google, ended up finding an old topic here (how old? Last post was from June 2008.). Look for "Rice's Video Plugin". Don't remember which N64 emulator I used it on, but it works by turning the plugin on, and rips each sprite into its own image file (just be careful, some assembly may be required). I won't lie and say it will be easy, but your N64 sprites will be clean and crisp without any blur unless the original sprite had a hardcoded blur in its image (as opposed to the N64 being coded to place a blur effect over it)

And if you already honestly used Rice, then I guess we need to end the discussion and make icons for them. And I would need to get a stronger prescription for my glasses...

(If you used a tile viewer to get them, that works too.)

Ton, from what I can tell, unless its a new sheet, they looked a little weird too. But I copied the image into Paint. Did maximum zoom, didn't look like any obvious problems, even took a color and used the MS Paint erase trick.

Well. Your call man.

Edit: The discussion in question. Here. Don't post there. The topic may be open, but the discussion is closed.
(02-05-2010, 12:43 PM)xdonthave1xx Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible for you to do them again? I remember reading that there is a graphics setting for one of the N64 emulators that rips the textures as they show up. Let me see if I can look it up.

Found it. Searched Google, ended up finding an old topic here (how old? Last post was from June 2008.). Look for "Rice's Video Plugin". Don't remember which N64 emulator I used it on, but it works by turning the plugin on, and rips each sprite into its own image file (just be careful, some assembly may be required). I won't lie and say it will be easy, but your N64 sprites will be clean and crisp without any blur unless the original sprite had a hardcoded blur in its image (as opposed to the N64 being coded to place a blur effect over it)

And if you already honestly used Rice, then I guess we need to end the discussion and make icons for them. And I would need to get a stronger prescription for my glasses...

(If you used a tile viewer to get them, that works too.)

Ton, from what I can tell, unless its a new sheet, they looked a little weird too. But I copied the image into Paint. Did maximum zoom, didn't look like any obvious problems, even took a color and used the MS Paint erase trick.

Well. Your call man.

Edit: The discussion in question. Here. Don't post there. The topic may be open, but the discussion is closed.

well thank you for going through you time and doing this for me ( how nice), and whatnot. i might do some more hexen but for right now, my computer got stolen, so i got to download everything again, (all my data!!!) and whatnot!, but yes, i will rip again!

oh yeah, ton, im not following you about them being distorted. sorry

Frost Deamon 45