The VG Resource

Full Version: japanese pop songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why do they always throw in random English words

like hakkabaka no ushigawa gohukutsupupu rakka LOVE husita ANAL SEX etc.

it doesn't make sense
op, if you can find one song (that was made before this thread was posted) that has that exact line, word for word, i'll ban myself from spamhaul
because they didn't have those words in the original language and/or the words have english roots anyway
this happens in all kinds of languages, not just japanese.
for the same reason english/french/german/japanese/spanish/italian/retarded song use english/french/german/japanese/spanish/italian/retarded words.

because they can
that too
(01-22-2010, 08:52 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]because they didn't have those words in the original language and/or the words have english roots anyway
this happens in all kinds of languages, not just japanese.

i know for a fact that the words "love" and "anal sex" have japanese counterparts. try again.
well yeah
but in english, we have counterparts for "sayonara" and "konnichiwa"
yet people say those in songs

basically they just do it because they feel like it

edit- I don't want to send this into japan argument thread 437829478120 but japan actually has an entire "alphabet" for words that have roots in other languages
often the words created with this alphabet sound very similiar to their english/whatever counterparts.
...or they just use english
as I said before, they do it because they want to
(01-22-2010, 09:11 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]well yeah

edit- I don't want to send this into japan argument thread 437829478120 but japan actually has an entire "alphabet" for words that have roots in other languages
often the words created with this alphabet sound very similiar to their english/whatever counterparts.

WELP
(01-22-2010, 09:11 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]well yeah

yeah i know its called katagana. but words like "love" and "anal sex" are native to the japanese language (あいとききめち), respectively, so... there's no point.
they do it in every language like me and metaru said
how many songs in english have you heard using spanish phrases? we have counterparts for them, but we're not using them. same difference.
But it seems to out of place when used by a native Japanese speaker. At least when non-Spanish speakers say stuff like amigo they attempt an accent. The Japanese just sound like a cat getting razed by a tractor when they do it.
true, but that could technically be said the other way around of any language

I live around a TON of spanish speaking people
they have heavy accents and you can't really understand them when they speak english
it's the same as an american trying to speak japanese but using american pronunciations for things

listent to like any reggaeton song, and they'll throw some english into all the spanish
LEADY STEH-EE GGGGGGGGOOOOOAL