The VG Resource

Full Version: Your Fighting Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah Fighting Games awesome right? Back in the day they used to have a fighting game for everything you could think of.

Well just for the hell of it let's post our own made up Fighting Games (whether you made one or not). Huh sound like fun? Here's the deal though, if you're gonna make one up it can't be based off of existing video game characters.

However public domain figures and characters are accepted. Like say you wanted to make a Lovecraft Fighter with all those nasty gods dueling it out.

-Include name of the game (something badass)

-Mechanics (brief description of combos and such)

-Characters and description

-And anything else you wanna add (maybe a plot?)

Oh yeah! Show me your most awesome ideas all right?
Name of game: N.K.O.B: Kids on the Block.

Style if I could have a art director at my beck and call I'd put Nomura and his The World Ends with You Style but characters of my choosing. Different pop cultures and generations are a must. So a hippie fighting a new age hipster wouldn't be uncommon.

Roster of 20 people.

Mechanics: Turn on the Catwalk (Traditional style. 1 on 1 style.)

Team helpers. Marvel vs Capcom 1 instead of switching in between in the midst of battle just call on your helper for a team attack might turn the tide. If they get hit 3 times cause your timing sucks though they ain't coming back in.

Button inputs, Trigger Macro's for the scrub's and the little bro's and sis's.

Block to Counter WITH Parrying. That's right not only can you get a block->counter->combo string you can be offensive about your defense.

Super's aren't called super's they're called Sin's and basically it's a everyday person going the extra mile in their unique way to put the hurt on you.

Balance depending on height and weight reach and proximity are key aspects and I want to make priority important. Since after all certain is block able when it shouldn't be.

The premise for this fighting game has always been in my head; "Don't puss out. You bleed? Stop bleeding. He cut you open pick up your guts and strangle them with it. Winning isn't the only thing but if you loose you gotta start over!"
tSR Fighter. No, I'm serious.

Tenuko Ashimura vs. Kosheh's ref
etc etc etc

I guess it'd play similar to MvC.
I always thought a Mortal Kombat-esque game where the characters were robots so they could have brutal violence in a G rated fashion would be interesting.
(01-21-2010, 10:30 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]it can't be based off of existing video game characters.

Lawl, fuck that.

Copy/Pasted from PixelCore:

Quote:I've been playing a lot of fighters lately, and the ones that I've liked the most have been the high-energy, silly, and easy to pick up ones - mostly the Vs. Capcom games, but also Pocket Fighter and Custom Beat Battle Draglade.

And although I've had no experience actually playing MUGEN or similar custom content engines, I like the whole 'recogniseable characters beating the shit out of eachother' angle. Although at the same time, it feels a bit lame if the crossover characters in question have nothing in common with eachother.

I remember once on tSR where I joked about a Jet Set Radio X TWEWY fighter, where all the playable characters are from bright urban fantasy settings; and in retrospect, that would be a pretty fun concept to sprite for, if not make in its own right.

And then came the daydreaming over what characters to include. In order to keep a theme (and avoid the 'why would these characters even meet' clusterfuck) they all ended up being teenage (or otherwise manchildren), from or exclusively set in an urban setting, and not especially serious. Not using the main characters from those games sounded like a good idea too. I thought of

Joshua (The World Ends with You)
Gum (Jet Set Radio)
Travis Touchdown [although Shinobu might be better] (No More Heroes)
Roxas [Casual Clothes] (Kingdom Hearts)
Yosuke (Persona 4)
Con Smith (Killer 7)
Li'l Slugger (Paranoia Agent)

I was tempted to include that Ninja kid from Garou: Mark of Wolves, but I figured taking someone already in a fighting game would be cheating.

As for the mechanics, I liked how Garou let you set an area of your HP where you can pull of a specific special, in addition to having a traditional specials system. Individual chatacters would probably have their own mechanics gimmick to ad a bit more depth to a simpler combat system (e.g. Roxas can air-dash a la Guilty Gear, Yosuke can use his Persona, Jiraya in a similar way to a JoJo Bizarre Adventure fighter, etc.)

The sprite style? Hmm, nothing too large or complex, more Street Fighter Alpha than KoF 12, and maybe going easy on the frame count. Bright, Showy colours would be the order of the day, with the proportions and characteristics of the characters played up. Not so much to the degree of Pocket Fighter, but cartoony nonetheless.
a fighting game based on the works of Shakespeare would pretty much make my life
(01-22-2010, 12:50 PM)Jovian-12 Wrote: [ -> ]a fighting game based on the works of Shakespeare would pretty much make my life

I have frowned so hard that my eyebrows have become my moustache.
The different phases of David Bowie or the different costumes of Lady Gaga. Or maybe David Bowie Vs. Lady Gaga. It would at least be interesting to say the least.
Last Blade 4
Touhou.

oh wait
(01-22-2010, 04:27 PM)Keychain Wrote: [ -> ]Any game that has Frank West in it.
(01-22-2010, 02:22 PM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]Last Blade 4
what happened to 3
If I had the art skills, I'd love to make a fighting game starring famous musical icons. Like Slash vs. Bob Dylan, bitchfights between Britney Spears and Mama Cass, and the like.
(01-22-2010, 07:04 PM)Xander Crews Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2010, 02:22 PM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]Last Blade 4
what happened to 3

assuming three would be made, i'd create the fourth one based on the awesomeness of the previous one.
Sherlock Holmes Vs his cocaine induced enemies with the final boss being Watson for who some reason merges with the big ass hound of the moors.
Pages: 1 2