The VG Resource

Full Version: Bioshock 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.bioshock2game.com/index.html

[Image: 96e3gi.jpg]

I can't wait for this game, I'm pre-ordering it on Steam this weekend.

Also, you may or may not have heard that the game will be loaded with DRM. But this only applies to the retail version, so I highly suggest getting it on Steam if you do not wish to purchase it on a console either.

The retail version will use SecuROM, some CD/DVD protection system that has a very bad past and EA was sued for using it on Spore. So you will only be able to activate Bioshock 2 a maximum of five times if it is the retail version.

It'll also use Games for Windows, like Grand Theft Auto IV.

Teaser Trailer:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tOP5PWHw81w

Info:
Developer: 2K(Singleplayer), Digital Extremes (Multiplayer)
Engine: Modified Unreal Engine 2.5
Release: February 9, 2010
Platforms: 360, PS3 and PC

Multiplayer Mode:
One of the many new features in Bioshock 2 is the Multiplayer Mode. The player limit is 10 for the moment and players get to chose from a huge arsenal of Weapons and Plasmids, which they can upgrade, just like in Call of Duty's rank system. There are 3 game modes planned, one of them is simple Deathmatch with a small addition.

Deathmatch:
The goal is obvious, get more kills than your opponents. But skill alone will sometimes be not sufficient. At the beginning of each round in this game mode a Big Daddy suit will be placed somewhere in the map. The first player that finds it, gets all the advantages of the Big Daddy, like the drill, the rivet gun and of course a tough armor. Once the armor wearer dies, a new one will be spawn.

Capture the Sister:
Capture the flag, but with a little sister. Plain and simple, you have to work together with other players in order to successfully deposit her into a Little Sister Vent. (Those things Big Daddies were always putting them in.)

Facts:

Quote:* You are the Big Daddy
* Harvest the Little Sisters or let the collect ADAM from corpses.
* The game is set 10 years after the first BioShock.
* There will be a multiplayer mode, which will play before the happenings of the original Bioshock
* The Big Sister is a grown-up Little Sister, and she's hunting you.
* Some levels take place on the sea floor outside of Rapture.
* The Big Sister will periodically pop up after you kill enough Big Daddies. Her arrival is apparently signaled by a Little Sister singing a song.
* The Big Sister is described as fast and "the hardest thing in the game." She'll utilize telekinesis to throw objects at you or use them as shields.
* Your drill overheats, and cannot be used constantly.
* As a Big Daddy, you'll be able to do that nifty shoulder bash move.
* Upgrade trees are now more diverse.
* The Incinerate plasmid allows you to throw a fireball or shoot a stream of fire, depending on upgrades.
* Using Incinerate on a Cyclone Trap will result in a flaming trap.
* You can now heal damaged turrets and bots.
* The game will reveal how Adam is recovered from Little Sisters.
is it just me or do the character graphics look like shit in this game

i saw one of those gamestop promotional commercials and i was NOT impressed
They aren't as good as they could be but this game looks pretty good.
getting it on 360
(01-22-2010, 07:41 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]getting it on 360

probably me too
yeah well i'm not because when you pre-order on steam you get a free copy of bioshock 1!!

i already had bioshock 1 so i gave it to rob
Well I'll bump this since the game came out. Anyone actually get it? I'm pretty impressed with the single player, and the multiplayer is an total blast, especially when you get the Big Daddy suit.
I've got it. It's awesome and it's everything I expected.
Is it just me or are the enviroments extremely pretty?