The VG Resource

Full Version: Simply Kirby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A project I've been working on called Simply Kirby, that I may or may not introduce here.
[Image: lineup-1.png]
Poppy is brand new, and still needs work.
The waddles need to be revamped, as the style changed, but I haven't got back to them yet.

So yeah, the sizing maybe be off from what you all are used to, since the sprites are based off what I imagine they look like, 15 years after Air Ride (since Air Ride is the latest in the In-Game Timeline). This is why Kirby larger than usually, since he's older. I made Chilly to match proportions with Kirby, since I've always imagined him being a snowman Kirby made. We would he keep making them smaller, when he grows?
These are really good.
I think Poppy would look better with a darker outline.
I was expecting your generic "I don't know how to make his limbs work" hot pink "my first Kirby sprite," but no these are pretty great. I like the soft-ish shading colors. it looks almost pastel.
the sprites are pretty good, although doesn't Chilly have a band around his neck or something?
Also,

(01-14-2010, 08:54 PM)Kirbyfan Wrote: [ -> ](since Air Ride is the latest in the In-Game Timeline).
???
You should probably up the contrast on the Waddle-Doo
(01-15-2010, 04:21 AM)SupahGoombah Wrote: [ -> ]These are really good.
I think Poppy would look better with a darker outline.
I'll try that.

(01-15-2010, 08:29 AM)Jovian-12 Wrote: [ -> ]I was expecting your generic "I don't know how to make his limbs work" hot pink "my first Kirby sprite," but no these are pretty great. I like the soft-ish shading colors. it looks almost pastel.
Thanks. I never thought about it that way, but it does appear a bit like pastel art.

(01-15-2010, 04:37 PM)Phantom K Wrote: [ -> ]the sprites are pretty good, although doesn't Chilly have a band around his neck or something?
Also,

(01-14-2010, 08:54 PM)Kirbyfan Wrote: [ -> ](since Air Ride is the latest in the In-Game Timeline).
???
Well, it's not the newest game, but in the In-Game timeline (in Kirby World), it's most recent, judging by the technology or the Stars, and the fact that at times in a well-developed city.
I was thinking of giving him a scarf instead of a necklace with a bell. Either way, I can add that, but I wanted to get the shading where the head meet the body.

(01-15-2010, 04:40 PM)SengirDev Wrote: [ -> ]You should probably up the contrast on the Waddle-Doo

I think I might redo the Waddles all together anyways, but I'll remember to try it.
(01-15-2010, 09:36 PM)Kirbyfan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's not the newest game, but in the In-Game timeline (in Kirby World), it's most recent, judging by the technology or the Stars, and the fact that at times in a well-developed city.

That's really over-analyzing things. You're talking about Air Ride being the most recent game in the "Kirby timeline" like its verified fact, but it's only baseless fan speculation.
But whatever, no point arguing over something so trivial
(01-16-2010, 06:29 PM)Phantom K Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2010, 09:36 PM)Kirbyfan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's not the newest game, but in the In-Game timeline (in Kirby World), it's most recent, judging by the technology or the Stars, and the fact that at times in a well-developed city.

That's really over-analyzing things. You're talking about Air Ride being the most recent game in the "Kirby timeline" like its verified fact, but it's only baseless fan speculation.
But whatever, no point arguing over something so trivial

I never said it was straight forward fact. Just looking at it, I thought it was more recent. Is there something wrong?