The VG Resource

Full Version: Paper Jam Boy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: nwaii1.png]

My personal favorite character from Pearls Before Swine. I do need to add a tail and cape C+C?
The facial expression could be a bit closer to the ref.
[Image: lfatt.png]

Any better at all? Original left for reference.
Its the eyes that make the sprite and ref look different. Although yes, you did improve the snout.
[Image: dzufwj.png]

Any better at all?
edit- round off the back of the eye more.
Aside from that, the palette on the head is purple, when it should be dark bluish.
[Image: so64qb.png]
Any better?

And I purposely made the dark blue into a purple.
No.
Here, I made an edit.
[Image: paperjamboy.png]

Fixed the eyes, and moved the pupils closer to the middle to give his eyes that "blank" look.

The eyes are the correct shape now, but I can't get him to look angry with the available space. I need maybe one more pixel between his eyes and the sheet of paper to make him actually have angry-looking eyebrows.
Here's an edit:
[Image: k0h7hc.png]
[Image: 24welfn.png]

I think I relied on Sengir's a biit to much :/
Don't forget to move the pupils to the middle of his eyes. They always have a "blank stare" look in pearls before swine.
Well Im only going to have the blank stare during his triumphant pose, shown in his ref. The current pose shows him trying to actually concentrate.
wait, is this for mugen?
No, but something to help me learn MMFD.

Since I'm having trouble coding a fighting game I thought going back to codingplatfotmers and beat em ups would help me learn.

Mostly since the coding I tried for the fighting engine didn work
his hat on your sprite says "PBJ", when the ref says "PJB"

:/