The VG Resource

Full Version: Shakugan no Shana (anime) sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know I'm very busy with all my Legend Of Zelda spriting, but I really wanted to give these a shot. They're Shana from the anime, Shakugan no Shana.
[Image: shakugannoshanasprites.png]
I only just started.
EDIT: Oh yeah...I meant to add that these are 100% custom....took two hours for the first (left one)...
I'm sorry, but it's pretty bad. The lineart is jaggy and blocky, there are too much straight lines, the shading is almost unnoticeable.

I suggest you to redo them, but this time try making a stick figure first to get the proportions and the pose right.
as a start it'd be good to consider the muscle in the human body, where everything curves and all that. the torso, arms, and legs are all straight lines on yours and should definitely get more definition to make it look better.
If this is based on a real anime, I suggest you to study images of it and try to reproduce what you see, especially the hourglass shape of a female body.
In addition to the problems others have mentioned, one arm is larger than the other on both of your sprites, the hands look like pieces of cauliflower, and I have no idea what that thing on their chest is. All in all, though, I've seen far worse - this is the spriting equivalent of a young child's doodling; rough and unpolished, but there is promise there.

I would suggest that you start by finding a sprite from an existing video game and use it as a reference to get down shading and anatomy before you start spriting from scratch. I'd bet dollars to donuts that almost every spriter here worth the name started out doing that - the few who didn't are unusually talented, because that's the way almost everyone starts out in this business.
Okay...I'll try those...I never really wanted to do this yet exactly....I mainly wanted to get the looks right..Like the designs on the clothing...By the way, you cant tell, but that is a tie...I think...I believe it's part of their school uniform...But i didn't exactly wanna make SPRITES. I just kinda wanted to see what I could do..But I just wanted that so I'll prbly never post on this thread again unless I fix it...Which I may not do for a long time...so it can even be deleted....I really wouldn't care.
EDIT: ok...so I suck at 100% customs...I'll try again eventually...but for now, I'll go back to the Zelda sprites
Ugh, stop with the "...'s".