The VG Resource

Full Version: I have a question(paint)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My image editing programs(paint and paint.net) randomly stopped being able to open 2 of images due to being "unsupported file type" for no reason and I'm wondering if there is a way to fix it?
You might have saved them incorrectly, causing the files to become corrupt.
No I saved them as pngs and clicked save everytime after.
That doesn't mean an incorrect save can't happen, whether you intend it to or not...
I checked the properties and it said it had no height, width etc
Then something wrong happened during one of your saves and the file is corrupt.
probably a stupid question, but
is the extension type still .png?
if not, make it a png.
I saw this happen before, you probaly put a peroid in the files name, it happens to me all of the time.
I checked everything it is a .png file and has no periods in the title.
(01-06-2010, 07:11 PM)Drakonekoshi Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this happen before, you probaly put a peroid in the files name, it happens to me all of the time.
your OS or whatever is complete shit, no offense. When i code shit i always put periods in the file name (i.e Twitter.v1.3.exe)

On topic, two things i can think of are: Try and use GIMP (freeware), if that doesn't work, it's gone. :c
that happened to me too, I dont know why, though :I
Here's my suggestion:

1) I've never known Paint to save as anything other than .bmp and .jpg. Maybe that's all changed, but try changing your file's extension to .bmp or .jpg (or even .jpeg but that should be unnecessary).

2) Try opening it in GIMP or uploading it to http://www.imageshack.us and see if it's viewable. I'm sticking with (1) as my answer, though.
Which windows are you using? (like vista or XP)
I'm using vista at the moment.