The VG Resource

Full Version: RPG sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: downs.gif][Image: leftz.gif][Image: 45377339.gif]

[Image: sheetj.png]

This is the main character in my RPG. Not changing the style. Want to go with something simple so I can sprite a lot of characters, so only the faces will be shaded.

If you think the main character looks bland, then I've succeeded, because that's my goal. He's supposed to look bland, especially compared to the NPCs (which I haven't even started on, but will have much more dynamic designs)

As for the animation, I probably won't rework it, but I'm still all ears if anyone has tips for the future.

EDIT:

[Image: mayorprogress.png]
[Image: mayorwait.gif]
When I read the title I spected a rpg maker type of sprite but those are really awesome, the style reminds me of the Mother(Earthbound) series.
The only problem would be the side walking animation, cause it doesnt look like he is walking, its more like just moving his feets.
yeah, for the side walking, you could probably stretch the leg that's behind him further back/forward to make it look more dynamic--the movement seems to be contained to the front leg and that's what's making it look odd.
(01-06-2010, 09:37 AM)Cacoon Wrote: [ -> ]the style reminds me of the Mother(Earthbound) series.
i thought this too when i saw this
oh and great start by the way
Thanks for that, Jovian. I tried it out and I think it looks better.

[Image: leftv.gif]
Much better, but shouldn't his nose stick out a bit when he walks sideways?
I really like the style.
the side animation looks like he's only moving one arm to me
I think you need to exxaggerate the side arm movements, or atleast make the arms stretch out longer. I think if you do that and make the arm visible on the other side (just the hand stub) it would end up looking a lot better.
It probably would, but I'm not going to. If I keep tweaking every sprite until it looks perfect, I'll never finish all of them. Still, thanks for the tips.

Also, he has a flat nose that comes straight down from the forehead. It actually is sticking out on the side. That 1x2 area beside the eye.
New sprite. The mayor.

[Image: mayorprogress.png]

Progress left to right. Started out terrible but I like the way it looks right now.

And a quick idle animation.

[Image: mayorwait.gif]
The Mayor kinda looked like a mad scientist version of the joker.

I love the style however Cute
I love the style its nice and simple !!!