The VG Resource

Full Version: Your Internet History
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
With the current discussion in another Spamhaul thread about the fall of PT and the return of MFGGers, I thought I'd make a nostalgia thread. Just post what you can remember about your early internet years and your fond memories of PT.
I remember on PT there was a comic section, and over half of them were terrible as fuck, looking back it makes me laugh

I'd kill to see those shitty comics again
i remember being a total and complete lamer who was shitty at pixel art and frequented gaia online

so glad those days are over
had two accounts at PT over the course of two years, became actually really active around the end of 07', though i had lurked from 06'-07' and seen what went down, got some good laughs, whatever

i was at mfgg this whole time as well, but i realized it was a terrible forum and stopped posting there often. pt and tSR split, came here, everything was pretty chill, and then here we are today
Before I joined PT I was on sites like neopets and MFGG

I realized I was a dumb fagot back on PT and got banned

then after TSR made the switch I was on I changed my user name to something else and smartened up.

that is all
When i was 7 i played Neopets and Pokemon Crater
and then i didnt have internet for a while
and then when i was 11 and got my own computer i got interested in making games etc, joined the GMC and after a year there met tyvon and shiz ended up being at PT and i was a complete poserfag
jesus christ i've been at PT/TSR for 3 years that feels like a long time
Neopets -> PT -> tSR

Such a wonderful history no?
In my case, I lurked from about the end of '05 to mid '06 (everything from back then is really foggy) at both PT and MFGG. I saw Dazz rise to power and watch tSR update more frequently while MFGG slowed down. I never sprited in this time, just watched and lurked. I watched as all the new people grew better and better at spriting, and by early/mid '09 I started spriting. I signed up at PixelxCore, as I figured I could program a few things and help out in general. About a week later I signed up at MFGG and entered a Sprite Comp, but I just didn't get most of the Disney/TF2/Mario-driven humor so I came to tSR.
lurked pt for years, joined tosh's forum, joined exc, joined pt, joined tsr. here i am.
from 2001-2004, it was mostly CN.com, Newgrounds and poorly made, yet nostalgic flash games

started out truly interneting in 2004, found Metroid 2000, an awesome (but now dead) Metroid forum

later on in June(?) of 2005 I found Metroid: Fan Mission, since at the time I was obsessed with Metroid

in late 2006 I started playing Runescape, quit a few months later, then started playing MapleStory after which I ragequitted because it was too damn hard to level up

a few months later in 2005 after finding M:FM I found MFGG in the affiliates list of M:FM, so I went there and still go there, but my activity sharply dropped ever since MFGG 3 came out

so then I went to PT in 2006~2007, realized it was a shithole and left

in the summer of 2009 I joined Facebook which is lovely because I can communicate pretty much everyone at my school (even teachers, fuck blackboard)

in late 2009 Dex suggested TSR and how lovely of a forum it is compared to MFGG, so I came here

and I'm probably going to start a Twitter account soon, that's it
Really it mainly started when I signed up at Youtube and found out about Project 64k and Kaillera Client and found Game Maker 6 at the age of 12 or something (it might've been 13). Then while browing "Super Mario World" on Google Images one day at school I came across the very first sprite sheet I had ever seen and found out about the Spriter's Resource. Then when tSR got it's own domain I was curious to see where this "Pixeltendo" button ended up and ended up signed up at PT. I remember making a bunch of shitty Sonic fangames and submitting that Sonyc sprite sheet that's on tSR. Then Pixeltendo was remade for whatever reason when I was 14 and I hung out there submitting Melee sheets and getting trolled constantly and being a whiney bitch and horrible spriter. Then tSRC was made and I said GOODBYE PRIXELTENDO thinking I was cool even though I really stole "Prixeltendo" from Kosh when we were talking over MSN once. And the other shit's pretty recent.
My first forum was fucking Serebii

oh god I regret it to this day
oh and how can I forget Video Game Director's Cut

REALLY nostalgic site right there

of course now it's a shithole
this thread already exists
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=5298
mine is on page 2
(01-05-2010, 08:41 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]this thread already exists
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=5298
mine is on page 2
that thread is fucking ancient