The VG Resource

Full Version: Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed there aren't any sprites from Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure. I ripped some the other day I am in the process of putting them on sheets.

Note: There aren't any official names for the enemies so I did my best.

So far I just have Cosmo on a sheet. Here he is.
[Image: cosmocosmo.png]

Edit:
Here is the ghost
[Image: cosmoghost.png]

Here is the blue ball guy
[Image: cosmoblue.png]

Red guy
[Image: cosmored.png]

Blue shooting guy
[Image: cosmoblueshooter.png]

Bird
[Image: cosmobird.png]

Purple Slug
[Image: cosmopurpleslug.png]

The grey guy who pushes you
[Image: cosmogrey.png]

The clam-like thing
[Image: cosmoclam.png]

Bouncy robot
[Image: cosmorobot.png]

Flying Green slug
[Image: cosmogreenslugc.png]

The guy who walks on ceilings and on floors
[Image: cosmoceilingwalker.png]

Dragonfly
[Image: cosmodragonfly.png]

Spitter (that is actually the wrong projectile for it I just realized. I'll fix it later)
[Image: cosmospitterstrip8.png]

Green Clam Thing
[Image: cosmogreenclamstrip4.png]

Eye
[Image: cosmoeyesstrip6.png]

The left and right facing sprites have different shading to correspond with the light source coming from the top right.
Nice. I played the shareware version of that years back. Good rip.
Thank you so much for ripping these! I loved playing this game as a kid. Think you could get more from this game?
Wow, I didn't even think anyone remembered Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure. :o

Keep up the good work! Smile
Just a minor thing, and don't get me wrong, the other creatures are good, but it just looks a little weird having the "Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure Ripped by Kingbob" against a white background while the monsters and bird (forgot if they were hostile or not) are against a transparent background. Awesome rips, just it looks a little weird set up like that.
Well when you use the sprites you're just gonna remove the letters anyway. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Maybe the next ones I do I'll make it all transparent.
As I said. Still awesome. Your call on whether all transparent or text on white, so whatever is easier for you or more comfortable.
Nice job. all saved!
Would you mind doing some icons? When I open them on my computer the transparency becomes black and ruins the sheet. :/
(01-04-2010, 03:03 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for ripping these! I loved playing this game as a kid. Think you could get more from this game?

trust me, he has everything from these games ripped, hes putting them into spritesheets. Also yeah, the only complaint is with it half transparent and half not. It'd be better if you used white for the BG of all the sheet for us that use MS Paint for spriting. Overall, though, awesome!
(01-06-2010, 11:55 AM)MONEYMAN Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be better if you used white for the BG of all the sheet for us that use MS Paint for spriting. Overall, though, awesome!

I'll admit its a slight annoyance when importing sheets to paint, but more to Kingbob, there are ways of avoiding it like the background of the page its on, and right now in the forum they are against a light gray background. So entirely your choice, keep transparent or change the background color (don't care, stick with what's more comfortable for you).
Yeah, I have everything ripped I'm just slowing putting them on sheets. Sorry, I'm going to stay with the background transparent, it works best for me.