The VG Resource

Full Version: old new pocket monsters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Because I goddamn can't concentrate on one thing at once. So I decided to try making some good ol' Pokémon sprites after being inspired by Devicho's Arceus.

[Image: GSC_Style_Treecko_by_Neslug.gif][Image: GSC_Style_Drifloon_by_Neslug.gif][Image: GSC_Style_Darkrai_by_Neslug.gif]

Supposed to be in GSC style. Crits please.
I love these Heart

This would make for an excellent project if done correctly
These are really nice.
Gotta say these are pretty good.

Nothing bad about them far as I can see
Haha, pretty sweet.
They are really good, especially Darkrai.

Treeko needs to be less wide, thats for sure though his tail is perfect. Drifloon needs longer and more bouncy strings.
I think you used dithering too much.
iirc the style uses more of the second shade than the dither
It's not too much dithering, but I think Treeko and Drifloon are too big. I don't know the sprite limitations on the style (IIRC its like 56x56 pixel but I'm not sure), but only highest evolutions or large legendaries should take up the whole space. Drifloon's body on ly needs to be a little bit smaller, but Treeko is definitely way to huge.
HOLY SHIT. I LOVE THESE.
Heart

Only things that could be changed are the way Treecko looks, like, wide, and Drifloon needs like longer strings.
I always wanted there to be a project where the new Pokemon were done in an old style. Good job.
New: [Image: GSC_Style_Treecko_by_Neslug.gif][Image: GSC_Style_Drifloon_by_Neslug.gif]
Old: [Image: gsctreeckoold.gif][Image: gscdrifloonold.gif]

Treecko wasn't changed much so if it's still too big, this will take a while.
They need to be smaller shape wise. I'm almost certain you could pull of the same thing if say, Drifloon's head was ten pixels smaller.
I realize, my problem is that I have trouble making small sprites after evolving my own style to constantly bigger ones. And now that I think of it, the easiest way for me to get Treecko right would probably be to use a smaller canvas like 50x50 or something, just to make sure there's no chance for it to turn out too big. Drifloon looks fine to me now after I shrunk it a bit, though. I've compared it to the other GSC sprites.

EDIT: And my canvas size trick worked. I also used the RSE sprite for reference this time (a lot too) and now it should look okay.
[Image: GSC_Style_Treecko_by_Neslug.gif]
loldoubleposting

[Image: GSC_Style_Shaymin_by_Neslug.gif]
Treeko's right arm is completely dislocated and needs drawn so his shoulder isn't sticking out of his body.

Shaymin is great and I think Wes was right about the dithering. You may need to tone it down on SOME parts of SOME sprites.
Pages: 1 2