The VG Resource

Full Version: Mock up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: chocholandmockup1.png]

C+C
Those characters don't really stick out... took me some time to realize that there were any.
Plus I wouldn't make the character image in the hud that large, 1x size should be enough. Whereas I'd go for something different anyways, a symbol rather than the same sprite.
Every time you show one of these ChoCholand mockups, people always tell you to make the characters stand out from the foreground... why haven't you done that yet? It's really hard to see anything, as the colors are so dull and similar, you need to give things that are on the foreground more contrast and maybe brighten the colors, man.

Things also seem to be a bit flat... I think you should work on shading objects to give them depth rather than just texturing them with no thought of their actual shape and how the light would hit them.

But, you've gotten better, so just keep at it, dude!
I cant tell where anything is or how the game would work exactly. The characters should be bright, and happy to contrast the dark-er background you have. You need to apply different colors to your background and foreground so we can tell them apart too.
Yes, I remember this, it's better but still perfectible!