The VG Resource

Full Version: How should the Austin Powers sprites look?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I just wanted to request suggestions on how I should make the Austin Powers sprites look?

I.E. Should they be realistic or cartoony? Or a little bit a both?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Big Grin
uh...Cartoony?
why are you asking this ahah
(01-03-2010, 02:48 AM)Solink Wrote: [ -> ]uh...Cartoony?
why are you asking this ahah

Because Im goingy to make custom Austin Powers sprites. Smile
I'd imagine them to be like the character sprites in the Wayne's World game.
(01-03-2010, 12:45 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]I'd imagine them to be like the character sprites in the Wayne's World game.

Waynes World had a game?

Do you have these sprites so I can use them as refrence?
(01-03-2010, 01:13 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/waynesworld/

they're horrible. avoid them at all cost.
(01-03-2010, 01:13 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/waynesworld/
ahahaha oh my god
Ok the Wayne's World Sprites made me life I think they are hillarious but I will do what Metaru sugested and just avoid em.

Ok I think I have an idea on how they should look. Tell me if this sounds allright... Ok it will have a cartoonish type body with short arms and somewhat oversized heads? I think that would fit and be hillarious. I will start on a base like sprite and see how it fits and hell if you all like it I will sheet Austin, Dr. Evil, Fat Bastard/Skinny Vagina Necked Bastard (haha had to mention that vagina neck of his), and Goldmember. Oh and Mini me allmost forgot that crazy clone. Im also thinking bout making a couple short comics with em to just have fun. Well Im off to work.
austin power is a caricature, therefore, cartoonish-like desings would make sense. however, i'd recomend you that dont over caricaturize them, remember that the idea is to make the character readable and(considering you're going to use them for a comic) easily modified(so you could pull out movements, expresions, etc. without much effort later).

wayne's world sprites are an horrible, lazy resize of their faces pasted over a retarded cheap ten seconds sketch of body, in a example of how making a terrible game and paste a movie's name over it can make it sell. don't do that. if you really like austin powers that much, i'd hope you'll put a lot more effort in your character so it will really show quality.

Ps: move this to sprite discussion
Thanks Metaru I will try my best I really appreciate your suggestions but Im still new to spriting but I will try to make them cartoon but not to cartoony. Like you said I like Austin Powers alot and Im gonna work on this till I make it look awesome.
we're here to help. nothing less, nothing more.
(01-04-2010, 08:07 AM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]Ps: move this to sprite discussion
Roger dodger.