The VG Resource

Full Version: [Game]Altoria :3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm giving a total rewrite to the thread, it is quite needed :s

Altoria

Genre:
Altoria is a Puzzle RPG, much like zelda

Overview
Inside Altoria you will find futuristic things along with mystical stuff and medieval widgets, it is a 3D game which is being made as a test for 3D in game maker actually XD
There will be a few minigames along the way of the actual story to break up the gameplay, all slash and hack and no fun makes you a dull boy afterall V_V

Demos:
None thus far

Screens:
[Image: 3DChest.png]
Hey look, 3D models!
[Image: AltorianewGFX.png]
Incomplete garden FTW
[Image: AltoriaClimbing.png]
Ladders
[Image: bridgealtoria.png]
Bridges
[Image: Swordsadded.png]
STABSTABSTABSTABSTAB
That does not look nice. The marring of a 3D landscape with a 2D sprite doesn't work well, at least not in this instance. It's too big, too pixellated, ya ken? Hell, with the exception of the (very bland and displeasing) health and (presumably) magic bars, everything looks a bit pixellated. I'd get to work on fixin' that.
Also, the towns you've listed seem incredibly shallow. I get that it's (most likely) just the basics of it, but you could go a little bit more in depth about what they are.
*didn'tclickanylinks*
The above poster just summed up everything that I was about to say.
I highly recommend making the character into a 3D model. The game looks odd with a 2D character freely moving on a 3D plane.
Or make the backgrounds nice 3D and keep the character a sprite, that might actually look decent...
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately 3D models being animated are WAY to hard to do in GM, so I can't Very Sad

It's fine that you don't click links, I put them there for those interested
I assume it's fine to revive instead of making a new one.

I completely changed the first post with different info.
Oh ok.

I think this would be best moved to Game Development. So I shall move it post-haste.
Dude, change your textures. To the CORE.