The VG Resource

Full Version: Looking for MULTIPLE PROGRAMMERS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'Sup doods.

I need a couple of game programmers to help me out with something. Mainly tutorials, source codes, and open-source engines. They're for the expansion of PixelxCore.

If you can help out at ALL, let me know! Even if it's something simple, it helps.

Thanks bunchies!
Already helping out on Fate's Mirror, but if I come up with anything cool in the meantime I'll let PixelxCore host it.
I can't help, sadly.

but I can say if you're making some sort of DS game, then there is a program called DS game maker that can program a game without the hassle of coding, sure, it needs to be payed to get the full version, but it's worth it.
Sorry mate, but he's going for legal gaming.
DS Game Maker isn't legal?

Huh, never knew that.

EDIT: Although I suppose it makes sense, since you need to have games sent into Ninty first.
Nintendo is pretty strict about games, though I suppose they have been pretty lax for a while now.
You can use homebrew games for the nds, but that'd require a flash cart or emulators or something to test it.

edit: thats what DS Game Maker is, Sengir. Homebrew is legal.
Nintendo does frown upon it, though, making it harder for PixelxCore to obtain licenses when the time comes

e: so while not entirely illegal, Nintendo will have a good reason for denying PixelxCore the ability to program on the Nintendo consoles
While I don't program often, (I'd like to start doing it more; I'm going to college for it, after all) I can help where needed.
Really, just a simple engine like "this is how you make a platformer in x program" will suffice. It's content and it helps people. I'd like to have more advanced stuff, obviously, but there's nothing wrong with starter content.
something skin-able is what you're looking for?
If you're good at learning stuff, use Visual Basic for starters then move on to C++. for "quick" learning, download tutorial projects and stuff off youtube and shit. I know some simple crap in visual basic, and i have a friend who is amazing at VB so either i or him could help you most likely.

download: http://www.microsoft.com/express/vb/Default.aspx
platformer project (its in 3d from what i can tell, but you could probably learn partially how its supposed to look): http://www.bigresource.com/Tracker/Track-vb-9LZMKf3QGa/
(01-04-2010, 01:51 PM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]something skin-able is what you're looking for?
Skinnable and editable. Open-source engines are great ways for people to get started learning how to program and making their own games, and that's the kind of thing that I openly support and is the backbone of the site.