The VG Resource

Full Version: Sun from Paper Mario 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, I was bored
[Image: Sun.png]
C+C, his shading is bothering me
Good start, though you should smooth out the lineart
any specific areas?
not particularly, the whole thing seems a bit jaggy

remember, not all lines have to be AA'd
Is this any better? [Image: Sun-1.png]
much better
Anything else that really needs fixing? If not, I'm going to keep working on it, but in the ml3 project.
Mods you can lock this
A lot needs worked on, and requesting a lock? Dumb idea.

First off, I'm pretty sure that shit style you chose to sprite in has GREY AA always, but IDK. The fire bits have too much contrast from yellow to orange or too terrible shaping. The eyes look like they were elongated and should be smoothed out more. Use the darker blue of his pupils to use less black around the eyes. The chin, nose, and petal things create three different perspectives compared to the body and makes the whole thing look ugly.
not sure exactly how to fix the nose, but I tried to change according to what you said.
[Image: Sun-2.png]
The outline is not grey because with un-solid objects, but not transparent, they used a color from the sprite (so I thought)
Like I said, IDK about this style but the old ones had the same all grey AA.

Also you overdid everything I said. I'll edit it later.

[Image: idkwhat.png]

I don't sprite in this style, so I just went with what I could tell just looked weird, other than the AA. You can figure that out for yourself.

use it as you like, idc, that is the point
okay, thanks. It looks better.
Would you mind if I used that version from now on with minor edits possibly?