The VG Resource

Full Version: I guess I'll try for my first sprite of the new year...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yeah I just usually kreep around here, but I can sprite too, anyone recognize this big lug?
[Image: Magnet74216.png]pretty snazzy huh? and undone before! I'm leading the way to the great unknown!

anyway's C&C things to fix? adding the eyes right now, you can see my betas, and I also plan to do the Crusher/conveyor, but mabye not the cars.

I know it's not transparent, but it's not the final,

[Image: Magnet_beta_run95471.gif]-a beta test of the new sprite's capabilities.

got the eyes added, mabye the crane arm too...
Wow, nostalgia overload right here. Cry
I'm going to take a shot at spriting most of the Junkyard scene, and mabye the main 5 appliance...mabye.
THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER
yep, anyone else notice he's shapped like the Pizza Hut emblem?
looks good, but I think his shades need more contrast, because it looks fuzzy, when metal should have more contrast than that
normally yes, Metals shine brightly and lovely, but I'm guessing he's either A) covored in dust giving the dull appearcenc, or B) has become rusted being in the elements like that, Junkyard Magnets when new normally are a nice shiny silverish, not a dull red like my image, all the rust, oil, and banging old cars has cuased it to lose it's shine, they rust very quickly. I actually feel I have to much highlight on the brighter side.(see reference image for how I based my color scheme)

on a flip note I've started on the crusher/Dinerator

[Image: Junk_Dinnerator75562.png]

EDIT I thought you said Highlight not contrast >.<
I think I've gottn the contrast worse in this one... but I don't want a drastic color change, so I've got colors to help blend to the darker shades, mabye too many blendies.
the character was "rusty" to somehow emphasise him being a mad, lonely, dark element, compared to the shinny and polished light element that the toaster represented.

if anything i'd put more contrasts on these shadows without such a huge transition color between the shadow and the base color. otherwise the shading of the chromed surface of the toaster is going to stand out so much its going to rip off your eyes.
oh my god, I fuckin' love BLT. and this is really great.

I only have one suggestion: possibly "squash" the magnet in the frame where he makes contact with the car? the cables connecting him move appropriately, but he still stays pretty solid so the movement doesn't exactly transfer when you look at it. you don't have to make it really obvious, but a little movement goes a long way.
i second that, after all, that would make him more cartoonish
yeah that was the beta, I'll get him squishified when my First car is sprites, it's harder to sprite them than I thought.
[Image: Magnet8197976520-iaza.gif]
pardon all the betas that's just how i work on sprites, with backups from several points since MS Paint's undo only goes so far. I added more Dark shades, and another shade on the eyes too.
i think the dots on the rectangle nose thing should stay consistently circular, like on the red version.

also on the nose thing, the side opposite of the light source should be darker shouldnt it?

oh and if im interpreting the reference right i think the nose thing should be a few pixels higher. the space looks a lot bigger in the reference.
yeah the bolts should be more rounded, also there are several different nose shapes, whitch one should I use the more consistant one seems to bend up a little...
[Image: References71291.png]
that's my pic reference, since this was made before computers recreated each thing, there are some consistancy errors here and there but nothing drastic.
Holy crap lol, I can't believe I actually remember him.

It's looking pretty good so far, can't wait to see more.
mmm i think your nose shape is just fine right now. in those pictures it mainly just copies how the bottom of the whole thing is shaped.

and for the most part i think the nose thing is still a bit higher then what you currently have. a couple of pixels should do it?
Pages: 1 2