The VG Resource

Full Version: My Pokemon Revamps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you don't know what a revamp is its a completely new,shaded, and detailed sprite of an old generation Pokemon sprite.

[Image: myfirstrevamp.png]
[Image: mysecendrevamp.png]
[Image: mythirdrevamp.png]

Can you tell me if its good or needs work?
Also if you can tell, I made it look like FR/LG sprites.
recolors are always recolors, no matter what stupid fancy name you want to give them.
Hmm, I think these are pretty good.
You didn't just plain recolor them, you edited them to fit fr/lg style.
Do more. Smile
I did a redo of the Ditto one. It does look a bit TOO recoloured. Sad Is this a bit better? Shy [Image: redoofditto.png]

Please tell me if this is better or worse. And if I should redo the other ones too. Shy
I like them... Im not to good at revamping pokemon(for some reason) but the second Ditto you posted looks better. It might just be me but you might want to try to seperate the sprites apart a little like adding a line between the one you did and the others , But thats just me.
(12-31-2009, 01:33 PM)BlackRay Wrote: [ -> ]I did a redo of the Ditto one. It does look a bit TOO recoloured. Sad Is this a bit better? Shy [Image: redoofditto.png]

Please tell me if this is better or worse. And if I should redo the other ones too. Shy

I actually think the shading on the first one is more accurate, just needs some slight touching up. The lower left "leg" of it shouldnt have any light shading, especially not in the corner. It makes it look like theres more then one light source.
Edit: Our left one, I mean
New Pikachu. [Image: myfourthrevamp.png]

Critique on this please. And by the other revamps I've done this took the longest. 20 minutes perhaps.
Also on the Ditto. I will fix that as soon as im in the mood of spriting again.
Even though this is the longest. I don't really like it as much. But I want to see how other people think.
Something's bothering me about Pikachu. I think it may be the outline...can't really pick it out though. Sorry.
I know. The outline sucks. I just can't seem to get it right.
Maybe lighten it up?
You know when I did a Pokemon revamp, my topic was swiftly locked
[Image: pikachurevamp.png]
mine isnt perfect but id thought it help give you some tips.

1. dont be afraid to change the outlines of the original sprite.

2. use black outlines for the darker areas of the body. you did some of this on the ears but not on the body.

3. try to not use all of the same highlights/shades the original sprite has.

4. use shades and highlights to contour some parts and make them stick out more. (sorry, i dont know how to explain this well)
ex. on your pikachu's left leg (our right), the shade on the leg makes it seem weirdly flat. and it doesnt compliment the outlines of the leg.

5. not every part needs a highlight or shade (or at least a lot of it). if you're not sure try and look at the reference to figure it out.
(mainly about the arms)

i hope that helped.
Thanks for the info. I forgot alot of things on that Pikachu, as I was trying to rush it .
allways a pointer, when revamping/devamping, you should adjust the size to meet the standard generation's sprite, the magnemite's magnets need to be longer and more black lines, otherwise it becomes just a fancy recolor.