The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Marth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
havent sprited in a while and i thought id attempt marth again.
[Image: custommarth.png]
(used SSBB project's palette)

Update: added sword and finished right hand

[Image: marthsword.png]
im not too sure which sword i should use (or if i should edit it more) so cc would be appreciated.

also need cc on marth before i start his cape and other poses.
Well before you continue, I noticed that the left foot is Higher than the right...Was that intentional?
yeah it was intentional i think? its supposed to look like the right foot is pointing towards the viewer.
I see...I know what direction/perspective you were going for, but his right foot looks like its about to slip off whatever he's standing on. Try making it just "a-bit" more flat on the ground. Take a reference, and look at Sonic's Idle pose in Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (Genesis/Mega-Drive). Just make it a bit like that...
i tried what you said and it came out awkward. IMO it looks better with the feet in the original direction.
the sonic you referred me to looks good with the "flatter" ground but with marth's pose it just looks wrong.

take your signature for example, mario's feet would look weird if they were on the same flat plane like that sonic was.

i hope i worded that right?
I see what you mean...
NVM then.
finished the right hand and added a sword.
[Image: marthsword.png]

im not too sure which sword i should use (or if i should edit it more)
You should definitely use the one on the left... (The one with the larger handles...) And make the Sword handles a bit thicker.
The foot on the right's completely off-balance.
yeah, he's got a bit too much slantedness going on there. try the pose for yourself and get a feel for how natural (or not) it feels, and where the curves on your body are going and where your feet are pointed.
[Image: marthnewstance.png]

tried to fix the foot like chris said; also changed the stance to make it not as slanted. something still kind of bothers me though... or am i just being paranoid?

@jovian: really weird advice but it helped a lot hahaha
Make his legs longer and head smaller. Also thicken his arms and use a thinner sword. Right now his pose is okay but you could extend his right leg, it looks really short with the pose.
which pose are you talking about? i dont wanna edit the wrong one.
The left one.
ill start working on it tomorrow.

nice cc too btw; very specific.
Pages: 1 2