The VG Resource

Full Version: A little assistance needed once more.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fine friend of TSR. I'm working on an old project of mine to recover some graphics from the game known as Castle Crashers. I've been able to extract the files inside the PAK files within the XEX file that is the game file itself. Only problem is NOW there's a BREC file inside that apparently contains graphics. The problem is I know not how to extract the graphics inside the BREC files, and they seem compressed in some way, as opening them in Tile Molester results in familliar images but they are too tiny to recognize and impossible to extract. I was hoping someone here was knowledgable enough to figure out the method of compression. Below is an example of the file type. All I need is a method of extraction and I'll be able to rip from this game. I've gone through a lot of work to get this far, and it's absolutely crucial that I manage to extract these files.

BREC file

I sincerely hope someone can help me out here. Proper credit will be given if I manage to extract these files properly.