The VG Resource

Full Version: crystal bearers is the best ff game in a long time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
its so good omgg

ive been playing it whenever i can. just beat it this morning, and for some reason i started a second playthrough which is rare for me cuz most games dont appeal to me enough for a second play!

its a lot of fun trying to get all the awards and beat my scores on all the minigames. also the
and layle is the coolest ff hero since i dont even know! its such a relief to see a main character not using a sword or even a weapon at all and to not have lame spikey hair.

WHO ELSE GOT IT AND OR LOVES IT?
i heard it was boring and average at best

but idk chime may make it a must buy
for the first bit its really frustrating cuz you dont get a map and you never know where to go or how to get their but after a while it sorta clicks and you know what to do.

also its so nonlinear and theres like a billion sidequests and bonus things.
I heard the main story's only 10 hours long and the controls were a little sensitive.
theres an option to change the controls sensetivity. but yeah, the story is really short. i thought it was great story though.
Yeah, I did hear the story was good. Maybe I'll pick the game out the next time I'm out instead of buying things to set-up my Xbox Live...
Apparently it's like TWEWY where a lot of battles and content are optional; so you can burn through it if you feel like it; but then you miss all of the interesting content.

I might get this - I'll burn threough it the first time, then play through again slow and find all the good stuff.
(12-29-2009, 03:03 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently it's like TWEWY where a lot of battles and content are optional; so you can burn through it if you feel like it; but then you miss all of the interesting content.

I might get this - I'll burn threough it the first time, then play through again slow and find all the good stuff.

i literally went through like 5 or 6 battles in the first playthrough fsdfgdf. im doing a shitload of sidequests in the second play though.
I've actually been looking into this, which is odd, given that I tend to hate JRPG titles. How does the combat work, is it in real-time, or is it a load of turn-based tripe?
Battles are real time and consist of picking things up and throwing them and that's all from what I've seen from videos.
it looks pretty interesting, and this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of FF.

perhaps I shall rent it one day and give it a test drive.
It does look interesting. Too bad I don't own a Wii.

By the way, did you ever played Echoes of Time (DS) ?
I guess it's a pretty good Crystal Chronicles too. I like the multiplayer mode, it's the first time since the Crystal Chronicles exist that it's that simple to play with other people. You should really try it Smile
i played all the ffcc games cuz im gay im an addict and ffcc is drugs

i prefer ring of fates over echoes of time though. :V
(01-06-2010, 05:22 PM)Layle Wrote: [ -> ]i played all the ffcc games cuz im gay im an addict and ffcc is drugs

i prefer ring of fates over echoes of time though. :V

this, I'm like you, I;m a crystal chronicles addict.
Three here.

RoF is way better than EoT, and the original CC is pretty fun.
EoT is only fun if you play multiplayer