The VG Resource

Full Version: Mini's Ky Kiske WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm new. I'm making a Ky Kiske sprite and I just want to know if it looks good so far. There isn't shading on the sword yet and i havn't colored his legs yet.
[Image: JUSky-1.png]
I love the style. But his left arm(Right to us) looks kind of squished. Other than that, it looks pretty nice.
adding to that, everything but the face is having some problems in terms of anatomy.

is this traced somehow or you are doing it from scratch?
I love how easy it is to quote people here. Anyways...
(12-27-2009, 06:44 PM)Star56 Wrote: [ -> ]I love the style. But his left arm(Right to us) looks kind of squished. Other than that, it looks pretty nice.
Yeah I thought so too... I'll work on it.
(12-27-2009, 10:47 PM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]adding to that, everything but the face is having some problems in terms of anatomy.

is this traced somehow or you are doing it from scratch?
No this is from scratch except I used JUS Allen as a base to get started.
so its from scratch except you used a base?
(12-28-2009, 10:36 AM)fish in space Wrote: [ -> ]so its from scratch except you used a base?

Yeah... it's hard to explain so let me just show you. I used his outline to get a basic shape.
[Image: Allenoutline.jpg]
Hooray for jpg...
lets compare this to an official ky kiske sprite then
[Image: kykiske-stance.gif]
[Image: JUSky-1.png]
the pose is definitely off in lots of places, and thats not even getting into anatomy. the most noticeable flaw is the balance, he looks like he's going to topple over. the head looks really messy and is facing the wrong way. the overall sprite looks really cluttered and definitely needs lots of work
...what a strange idle he has, rubbing his sword like that.

but yeah, what others said.
(12-28-2009, 02:31 PM)*Gorsal* Wrote: [ -> ]...what a strange idle he has, rubbing his sword like that.

but yeah, what others said.
LOL! Yeah...I hadn't noticed that until you said xD