The VG Resource

Full Version: Best games for xbox live?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Eh, just got an xbox360 for Christmas. So I have no idea what games are good for live, all I have right now is the stuff that came with it and their pretty fun. Getting L4D2 on sunday or monday, but other than that what other games are good for live? Other than CoD6, my friends keep reccomending that but I don't really find it that fun.

So yeah list good games for live.
Halo 3: ODST (if possible only get the multiplayer, campaign sucks and is the laggiest piece of shit on live), Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 dead 2, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero 5, Grand Theft Auto IV (get episodes of liberty city if you get this though), Halo Wars, Gears of War 2..
Add FIFA 10 and Madden NFL 10 to that list, and thats basically the best games you cang et for live

also Battlefield: Bad Company 2 comes out soon, and Bioshock 2, i recommend you get both of them
Castle Crashers <_>

also standard Halo 3 since there's plenty of shit to do on LIVE
and be sure to pick up the new Splinter Cell game because LIVE is the shit with it
Call of Duty: World at War for Nazi zombies
SplosionMan for my pick
Rocket Riot is kinda fun on the Arcade, but I'm bias because of the fact it has this bitchin' theme song.

Gears of War is pretty fun, both games, but online, as I remember it (haven't played in a long time), it is VERY tough when you don't know your way around and everyone else does. Knowing the physics of how to damage people effectively and work as a group is also very key to doing well online.

If you're into action games that are tough as nails, Ninja Gaiden II is a lot of fun, at least it was for me. Lots of blood, lots of fun weapons, but the difficulty can make you grind your teeth together if you don't know what you're doing, especially against the bosses. My favorite weapon in it is the Eclipse Scythe.. I love its ultimate attack. Big Grin

The Orange Box is amazing, but don't even bother if you're savvy on PC gaming (I'm not, so I get my Half-Life style fix through it).

Castle Crashers is one of my favorite of the Arcade games. It's just such satisfying arcade action, but unlocking other characters is kind of a pain in the ass, especially if you are a semi-completionist like me and you long to aquire them all at one point. T_T

The arcade is also a decent means to get access to other games that you may not have access to through other systems. I don't know what systems you already have, but it has a bunch of pretty awesome games. But if you go down that route, I'd advise you to buy points cards in a store rather than getting them through your Xbox... not only is it a bit more secure since you don't have your credit card info on your Xbox, it's also a tad cheaper, because I don't think the stores can charge tax on the cards, since they are sold kinda like gift cards. Via Xbox Live they can charge tax.
Gears of War. Both.
I'll play through campaign on either one with you.

L4D2 (though I recommend this on PC)

Crackdown
this game is fun on single player and doubly so on multiplayer

Burnout Paradise
amazingly fun in both single player and online

GTA IV
Played online for the first time the other day with Rhymey. It was fun.
i really like the red ring game. PS3 supremacy, biatch.
*runs console for 4 years, doesn't red ring, owns*
*facepalm* He already said NO CoD. And I don't blame him. It's just the same game refreshed every year. Fucking Fanboys... ugh.

Anyways, ignoring said fanboys;

Gears of War(2 is more preferable)

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts(I know it's not a decent recommendation for playing on live, but as a game by itself it's a decent purchase for $20ish. It's not as good as the original Banjos, but it has some interesting ideas)

The Orange Box(For Team Fortress 2)

And Halo 3 Multiplayer is a decent choice, only if you're not looking for innovation. But it's simple mindless fun so yeah.

Conker Live and Reloaded(It's not very active but if you can find a match, you're in for a good time. If youa lready have N64 version, feel free to pass)

STREET FIGHTER IV, if you like fighting games. And if you like fighting games, also look into SoulCalibur IV.

I'll add more as I remember them.
If you're getting Left 4 Dead, then there's no need to get the first one. This is the same case with Assassin's Creed. I wouldn't recommend either, but it's your 360, so it's your choice Enjoy.
(12-27-2009, 11:48 AM)Ape Overlord Wrote: [ -> ]The Orange Box(For Team Fortress 2)

yeah, no. don't do this.
(12-26-2009, 08:13 PM)oB2Ko Mario Wrote: [ -> ]and be sure to pick up the new Splinter Cell game because LIVE is the shit with it

whoa hold on there partner, which new splinter cell game, is there a Conviction demo or something?
(12-27-2009, 11:48 AM)Ape Overlord Wrote: [ -> ]*facepalm* He already said NO CoD. And I don't blame him. It's just the same game refreshed every year. Fucking Fanboys... ugh.
you mean it's the same game with everything changed, just like any sequel to any other game?
Quote:Anyways, ignoring said fanboys;

Gears of War(2 is more preferable)
pass on this, this game is still broken
Quote:Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts(I know it's not a decent recommendation for playing on live, but as a game by itself it's a decent purchase for $20ish. It's not as good as the original Banjos, but it has some interesting ideas)
piece of shit, don't touch it with a 10 foot pole
Quote:The Orange Box(For Team Fortress 2)
no.
Quote:Conker Live and Reloaded(It's not very active but if you can find a match, you're in for a good time. If youa lready have N64 version, feel free to pass)
pass on this
Quote:STREET FIGHTER IV, if you like fighting games. And if you like fighting games, also look into SoulCalibur IV.
if youre into fighting games get blazblue and SCIV before you get SFIV
(12-27-2009, 11:48 AM)Ape Overlord Wrote: [ -> ]*facepalm* He already said NO CoD. And I don't blame him. It's just the same game refreshed every year. Fucking Fanboys... ugh.

He only mentioned COD6/MW2, not all of them.

Besides I think he meant that he already has/played it.

Anyways I heard that Assassin's creed 2 was a huge improvement over the first, you might want to pick that one up.
Pages: 1 2