The VG Resource

Full Version: The heretic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No more sprites now, I need to make bigger pixels or I'll never improve.

[Image: PhotobucketUpld-256.png]

[WIP]

I decided to try my hand at working with proportions, first of all. Then Ramza came to mind because it sounded like a good idea to make him in a more realistic style.

Im trying to keep this away from FFT style as much as I can. Know that im open to all suggestions, especially pallete related ones.

I'll try to be more active from now on.
his left shoulderpad doesn't make sense with his body imo. Its spikes could be more behind the pad itself.
stop using the FFT palette. really. i know its nice, i know its awesome, i am pretty aware you love FFT, but if you keep using it as a wild card for everything you make you'd be cursing yourself to only make stuff that looks ripped out of FFT. something that may be a compliment at first, but it may be a total letdown as people would soon realise you cant let the diaper go.

go ahead, experiment with colors, dont be afraid to pick random stuff and work outside your own box. venture yourself into other topics besides knights and damisels.

PS: the character's anatomy is a bit off. if its male, then he has a huge vagina. if its female, then her hips are the size of his shoulders(almost like a travestite). i know it may be caused by the armor and colthing(on the second), but its still toop androgenous to actually tell what gender is it suposed to be.
(12-26-2009, 08:04 AM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]stop using the FFT palette. really. i know its nice, i know its awesome, i am pretty aware you love FFT, but if you keep using it as a wild card for everything you make you'd be cursing yourself to only make stuff that looks ripped out of FFT. something that may be a compliment at first, but it may be a total letdown as people would soon realise you cant let the diaper go.

go ahead, experiment with colors, dont be afraid to pick random stuff and work outside your own box. venture yourself into other topics besides knights and damisels.
Im aware; but know that it's not been on anything I do, but everything I've posted here on Tsr lately, that you've been able to see.

Your assumptions are too limited in details, but true if you take it that I've been doing this style alot.. That's why I said this, I think:

"Im trying to keep this away from FFT style as much as I can. Know that im open to all suggestions, especially pallete related ones."

(12-26-2009, 08:04 AM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]PS: the character's anatomy is a bit off. if its male, then he has a huge vagina. if its female, then her hips are the size of his shoulders(almost like a travestite). i know it may be caused by the armor and colthing(on the second), but its still toop androgenous to actually tell what gender is it suposed to be.
I laughed

Now tell me what does this look like.
http://www.grifffin.com/tactics/gallery-ramza.htm

I'll take it in mind. Im even considering to man up the armor proportions myself radically, as the original looks too gay.
Looks very good, imo.

Finish it =)
Going steady, but im getting there.

[Image: PhotobucketUpld-1790.png]
Great, but I'll say the same thing as in the other thread: watch out for the colour combinations. I can see a red that doesn't blend too well with the rest of the palette so tweak around with it! I hope you do finish this!
Im going down the legs now

[Image: PhotobucketUpld-2308.png]

Pallete changes, face shade changes, and alot of progress.

I also made a preview of one of the crapload of metal plates that will be covering all of his legs in the next few days.

14 colors for the time.
If I must be blunt... You're doing a Tyvon head, and it looks very wrong...
its mostly the shading on the nose that makes it look weird
Tyvon heads.. Why didn't I realize it before?

[Image: PhotobucketUpld-1011.png]

I think this might be an improvement.
Smash Wrote:I think this might be an improvement.
yeah, it is.

Wonderful sprite, only legs and sword are left =)
Oh nice, I got my own term coined. Excellent.

ahem

Yeah, this looks pretty decent so far. I absolutely adore the way you're shading this. There's still some structure issues though. Mainly around the waist.