The VG Resource

Full Version: It's rare that I sprite..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on a game (though not one that will use this sprite), and I decided to improve my spriting skills as I went on. I'm proud of this one.

[Image: nevan.png]

Nice, eh? I did a half-assed job on the legs and will fix that, but is there anything else I should clean up?

P.S. I can probably expect a black joke, so if you're the one to say it, just make it good.
P.P.S. Merry Christmas!
why on earth would you use a yellow shirt with cyan pants. thats disgustingly bad sense of fashion.
if you're going to keep that color scheme, the shading needs tweaking. it needs to stand out. the yellow should probably be shaded with something more orangey and the cyan something more blue. not extremely so; I don't want to see you shade them with exactly orange or blue (cuz that would look just as bad), but adding a bit of another color to the shading makes it pop out.

plus dark yellow looks disgusting and dark cyan is tealish.
[Image: nevan.png]

I didn't see much problem with the original colors, but these are better anyway. I've done some work on general shading and the legs (animation-wise), but I'm still not sure about the latter. I'll keep looking at them.
thforgot to mention early, if that's suposed to be a battle stance, then you should work more on the overall anatomy of the character. rigth now he has no shoulders, he seems to sport a tight shirt while being somehow chubby, and he's standing in a really umcomfortable pose.