The VG Resource

Full Version: word on the street is FFXIII sucks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
'tis a shame
I'm hoping that's not the case. I'm gonna wait until it comes out stateside before I judge it to be good or bad.
IMO, all FF games after 3 sucked eggs!
From what I've heard, FFXIII is unexciting and completely linear.
well its final fantasy its meant to be linear.
(12-24-2009, 08:01 PM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]well its final fantasy its meant to be linear.

wasn't there at least 1 final fantasy that was non-linear?
There was a lot of stuff to DO, but overall the storyline followed a very linear path. The only one that I can remember that had more than 4 objectives that you could do at any time you desired was Final Fantasy VI after the first half of the game, where you had to go after every party member around the world and reunite them. However, it wasn't all necessary to complete the story (though I don't see how it wouldn't be necessary when I played through the first time.. It would take some hardcore work to get through Kefka's Tower without 3 complete parties).
(12-24-2009, 08:01 PM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]well its final fantasy its meant to be linear.

not like this

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1056/...asyxid.jpg
Well who's saying FFXIII sucks when it's not out yet?
(12-24-2009, 09:53 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Well who's saying FFXIII sucks when it's not out yet?

it's out in japan
FF hasn't been very linear since 12. That game was when the series really lost the quality it had for me. It was like;

NES- Not bad, getting its bearings
SNES- Perfected the genre
PS1- Tweaked perfection, not as good, but still great
PS2- Quality declines sharply after 10
PS3- crap?
Final Fantasy X was plenty linear, but the Battle System, story, and Rikku kept me enjoying the game.

As long as FFXIII's battle system doesn't suck, the story is halfway decent, and Vanille is still in the game, I'll probably enjoy XIII more than any of the PS1 Era Final Fantasies.
well in all honestly people buys it just because its called Final Fantasy. otherwise it would be pretty much ANOTHER GOOD LOOKING RPG.
(12-24-2009, 10:43 PM)Heat Miser Wrote: [ -> ]FF hasn't been very linear since 12. That game was when the series really lost the quality it had for me. It was like;

NES- Not bad, getting its bearings
SNES- Perfected the genre
PS1- Tweaked perfection, not as good, but still great
PS2- Quality declines sharply after 10
PS3- crap?
id say snes and ps1 are on tier with one another. 4 to 9 were amazing imo. 1 to 3 need major remakes. especially 2.

10 to 13 all looked kinda meh.
final fantasy sucks always has always will Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6