The VG Resource

Full Version: Wii problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I try and play classic mode or adventure mode on ssbm, it says won't read disc, but everything else works just fine. When i played it on my friends GCN, they worked. Help...
Open 'er up, get some rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip, clean the laser lens, try again.

Worked for my PS2, at least.
I had a similar problem with my Wario Ware(It wouldn't read the disk everytime I tried to play certain parts fo the game and multiplayer wouldn't work). For some reason downloading a completed savefile off of gamefaqs and playing on that one solved everything. (But trying to start a new file still has the same problem as before. :\)
try cleaning the disc
take some toilet paper and wet it (does not matter if it's soaking or not, but it doesn't need to be)
wipe the bottom of the disc, STARTING AT THE CENTER AND MOVING STRAIGHT OUT TOWARDS THE EDGE. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT WIPE IN CIRCLES AROUND THE DISC. THIS CAN, AND WILL, MESS UP YOUR GAME (worse) IF DONE INCORRECTLY.

once you've gone around the whole disc by wiping from the inside out, take a dry piece of toilet paper and go around it again in the same pattern until all of the water is off.

If this doesn't work, your disc is either majorly scratched and needs to be repaired, or something's up with your laser.
Did the like eight times.(called nintendo about it)
But this only happens with ssbm. I can play other GCN games. Whats weird is that when i play it on my friends GCN, everything works fine.
Odd... maybe the data side of the ssbm disc was scratched at the part where it stores data for Single Player. Thus, that is why the disc cannot be read.

Either get it re-surfaced, or if that doesn't work I hate to say it... but either stick to multiplayer exclusively or order a new copy. You CAN unlock all the characters by doing VS Matches btw, it takes a LONG time but it's possible.
(12-27-2009, 11:26 AM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]when i play it on my friends GCN, everything works fine.
Buy some compressed air and spray the fan and the disc slot. Fixes any problem that isn't directly hardware-related.

While you're at it, do it with all of your systems and try to keep it up every two months. Do it with your computer, too. Compressed air is really useful for electronics maintenance.
Quote: Wii Problem
well.
Quote:Wii
theres your problem.
it's like i'm really on /v/