The VG Resource

Full Version: Last Pixel of 09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: marthsgoldenskull.png]

I took my time, I tried, I'm ok with this. Please crit guys, also this is an iLLke study, of his "Golden Cat" piece. So the pallete and style are his. Even though mine is nowhere near as good as his. Last pixel of 09 for me, and hey look guys I finally finished something I put real effort into it.
EDIT: Oh and Merry Christmas/what ever holiday you may celebrate, and have a wonderful newyear.
EDIT2: Link to iLLke's Cat of Gold; http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/30531.htm
um...what is it?
(12-23-2009, 11:34 PM)Burgermeister Meisterburger Wrote: [ -> ]um...what is it?

Some odd alien skull. Dunno how I came to pixelling it, but I did.
would help for those that doesnt know illke's gold cat to post a link to it.
(12-23-2009, 11:39 PM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]would help for those that doesnt know illke's gold cat to post a link to it.

Sure thing, link now posted in first post.
First thing, dont mirror the image.
looks like a mid 90's video game texture to me
80% of things from pixeljoint look like mid 90s video game textures
(12-24-2009, 06:43 AM)Number Six Wrote: [ -> ]80% of things from pixeljoint look like mid 90s video game textures

'Tis because pixel-art was much more refined and such back in the day. I'd like to have seen the demoscene era, I would've loved it.

Anyways.

This is lookin' better than your normal stuff, like I've said. I still think you need to clean up your lines and shading at points, and overall, just try and smooth things out. Otherwise, nice, bro!
i cant think of anyone better than dex to advice on this, i certainly don't like it.
Not too sure what you mean. Since you're a fan of simplicity and two color shading most of the time, I guess you're saying that since he's going for something a tad more 'complex' that he should consult me?

He already does on AIM. Tongue Either way, even if you don't like it, you could still give him advice and constructive criticism.
(12-24-2009, 06:10 PM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]i cant think of anyone better than dex to advice on this, i certainly don't like it.

I'm curious as to why you don't like it. I'm not offended or anything, I mean art is about getting better, so Meta come on and hit me up with some crits man! Your one of the best so I'll honestly accept everyword of it!
i dont like the demoscene aesthetics.
dex works/loves it. (and has a XL tshirt with "Iā™„TOMIC" on it.)

if anything, i'd add to the not mirro'ing the image that you're free to work on a larger image that would allow you to pump more detail and work.

and watch out for the color count. if you're really going to study ilkke's work, you should be aware that he's really strict on that subject, and if anything, dont simply copy the colors from his work.