The VG Resource

Full Version: SegaCD's Popful Mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi! This is my 2nd Thread and hopefully these sprites will be put up.

don't worry I think I got this posting the icon and image thinga-majig down, Hope you all like this since I think tSR could use this:

[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_Icon-1.png]

And Working right now on ripping the main characters but for now I have the first boss of the game the mad bomber:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_TheMadbomberIcon.png]

Badger Gang, Magician, Rocky, Spring Mantis, Spider, Totem, and Hornet sheets:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_BadgerGangIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_MagicianIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_RockyIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_SpringMantisIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_SpiderIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_TotemIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_HornetIcon.png]

2nd boss of the game, The Thrashmaster+ (honestly didn't make up that name) and the Bonus optional boss The Badger gang's leader The Badger Cheif:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_TheThrashmaste-1.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_BadgerCheifIcon.png]

Now for the final boss of the first map in the game, the Wood Golem:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_WoodGolemIcon.png]

Here's the map of the first level of the game too =Genki ^_^=
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_LevelOneMapIcon.png]

-----------------------------------------2nd map of the game Enemies/Bosses, Ect.-----------------------------------------
Okay, first up is the Jellyfish, the Crab, the Fish, the bat, the Dragon Statue, the Skeleton, the Butter Fly, the Spike Shell, the Cyclops Bat, the Tunnel worm, The Mace Warrior sprite sheets, The Water Mine, And finally the last enemy sprites of map 2 The Bone Sickle:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_JellyFishIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_CrabIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_FishIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_BatIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_DragonStatueIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_SkeletonIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_ButterFlyIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_SpikeShellIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_CyclopsBatIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_TunnelWormIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_MaceWarriorIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_WaterMineIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_BoneSickleIcon.png]

Unfortunately, I'm having issues with the first Boss Bone rubber, I mean... >.> Boney Rubbler (yeah that's it's name lol) it's whole body is the same pallet as the background But I will get it ripped! Genki ^_^

Blah! =,= At last I got him finished, Behold the incredibly underwhelming and probubly not worth the wait Boney Rubbler:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_BoneyRubblerIcon.png]

The 2nd boss of the 2nd map of the game, NutsCracker leader of the Gingerbread Grifter gang (yes I'm not making this up lol):
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_NutsCrackerIcon.png]

Here's the 3rd boss FINALY! lazy me! lol The Thunder Dragon:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_ThunderDragonIcon.png]

Alright, got the final boss of the 2nd map, Goradus will be posting the 1st bosses soon, so Goradus is the 4th boss:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_GoradusIcon.png]

Here's the 2nd map of the game:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_LevelTwoMapIcon.png]

-----------------------------------------3rd map of the game Enemies/Bosses, Ect.-----------------------------------------

Here's the first enemies of this map, the mummy, the doom stone, and The Evil Cloud, The Column Monster, The Spike Platform, The Wolf Head, The Bird Head, and Finally The Fireball:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_MummyIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_DoomStoneIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_EvilcloudIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_ColumnMonsterIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_SpikePlatformIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_WolfHeadIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_BirdHeadIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_FireBallIcon.png]

Now the first boss of this map, though it's more of a enemy turned boss The Happy Flames of Death!:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_Happy-flames-o-1.png]

Now the 2nd boss which is located at the Zoth Shrine in the 2nd map and my fav, the Mythril Guardian:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_MythrilGuardianIc.png]

3nd boss of the map, also the man who turns into the 4th boss the Chargon and final boss the Fire Golem, Sven T. Uncommon:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_SvenTUncommonIcon.png]
(funny fact on Sven, his accent was the stereotypical arnold swartzenager that many characters in the 90s did, Sven was more shameless with phrases like "I am no kindergarden cop" and other arnold movie refferences)

Now the 4th boss which is located at the Zoth Shrine also this one is a monster Sven T. Uncommon turns into The Chargon:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_chargonIcon.png]

Finally the 5th Boss and last encounter with Sven before he expires, The Fire Golem:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_FireGolemIcon.png]

Here's the 3rd map of the game:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_LevelThreeMapIcon.png]

-----------------------------------------4th map of the game Enemies/Bosses, Ect.-----------------------------------------

Enemies of this frozen slippery icey levels are, The Fin Backs, The Frozen Totems, And The Slasher Kitsune, Snow Sprites:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_FinBackIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_FrozenTotemIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_SlasherKitsuneIco.png][Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_SnowSpriteIcon.png]

Okay, here is the Title Screens, Intro and Mail, Tatt, and Gaw overworld map sprites, The World map sheet, Venuncio face sheet, the Guard/Rebel Army face sheet, Mumbles Face sheet, and Sven T. Uncommons face sheet:
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_IntroTitleIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_PopfulmailOverwor.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_WorldMapIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_VenuncioFacesetIc.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_NpcGuardsFacesIco.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_MumblesFacesIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_SventUncommon-Fac.png]

-Here is where I'll post the NPCs in the game-
First up is the Guards who are Everywhere (who are also used as Venuncio's rebel army), then Lord Venuncio, also Treesun villages Namo, mumbles the dwarf, The Map 01's Npc's from the Elf village, Treesun village and Mythria (who's the key to getting the bonus boss Badger cheif), and The Miners from the 2nd Map Mine Stage, Gaw Npcs (just added):
[Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_NpcGuardsIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_LordVenuncioIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_NpcNamoIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_MumblesIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_Map01NPCsIcon.png] [Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_MinerNPCsIcon.png][Image: PopfulMail_SegaCD_GawVillagesNPCsIc.png]
Hope everybody likes and this time I got it right size and all Genki ^_^ (yes I do intend to post every sprite in the game) lol

Sorry I haven't been on I did kinda loose interest in Popful mail after repeated dying, page three has my Wips (providing some OC to justify a necropost) Also added two sheets, Gaw Villagers, and Snow sprite enemies.
The rip is good but the icons are wrong
(12-22-2009, 02:45 AM)Gabby Jay Wrote: [ -> ]The rip is good but the icons are wrong

What's wrong with them?
(12-22-2009, 02:46 AM)kydogan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2009, 02:45 AM)Gabby Jay Wrote: [ -> ]The rip is good but the icons are wrong

what's wrong with the Icons?
You used a tutorial icon for the section icon
and you should used use Vedana(size 7)
(12-22-2009, 02:57 AM)Gabby Jay Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2009, 02:46 AM)kydogan Wrote: [ -> ]

what's wrong with the Icons?
You used a tutorial icon for the section icon
and you should used use Vedana(size 7)

Okay, think I got the issue fixed. Genki ^_^
Okay, I have officially Ripped every last boss and Enemy in the first map of the game! Now onto the next map! Genki ^_^
Awesome!
Those are awesome. What OS are you using and what emulator?
(12-23-2009, 09:49 PM)xdonthave1xx Wrote: [ -> ]Those are awesome. What OS are you using and what emulator?

I have a Vista Pro 32 bit operating system, and I'm using Gens (ironically the Gens site said Popful mail will not run, but I got it to lol) doing the old screenshot then strip away the background, nice part is most the sprites pallets are different from the background which makes it easier Genki ^_^
Gens? Wow, could you tell me how you got Sega/Mega CD to work on Vista? I don't want to risk messing something up getting the Sega CD to work. You can PM me if you want.
AWESOMMM
Excellent. All saved.
YAY! They're on the site site part =Genki ^_^=

cyclops bat's not a boss, but yay yay yay! =Genki ^_^=
If you're still having trouble with Bone Rubbler, if you get me a savestate of the fight, and I could tile rip him for you. It might only be pieces, but you could use those to do a complete sheet.
This...is...awesome...I've been needing Muttonhead sprites for ages. He's one of my favorite villains. I can't wait to see how you manage him. I tried his sprites but the backgrounds had the same shade of black as his outline and he was often on a black background.
Pages: 1 2 3