The VG Resource

Full Version: A Knights Story 2 Priest Rip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff191...eSheet.png

The actual "game" (its an idle) : http://www.kongregate.com/games/Colino/a...ts-story-2

Note: This is my first rip and i want to know if i did a good job
This is tough to say.
OK. A few things. First, be careful when ripping sprites from flash games since Flash is vector based which is good for animations since you can resize your image without it getting messed up. So if you must insist on ripping from Flash, you should look for a tool to do so (forgot the name of one I used to have [it was a trial version anyway]) but there are some. This would allow you to get the frames at a universal size, and would be very useful for the ones that are drawn as sprites. Also, your rip looked a little big, but again could easily be blamed on Flash.

Second, your image looks blurry except for one pose, and I blame that one more on where you ripped it from than on anything wrong on your part.

Now, my final part, and no one is at fault here. The sprites are already on the site, but for a different game, and on another system.
[Image: priestbl_icon.PNG]
However, this is one of the very reasons we even have sprite databases. So, for a first attempt, it was good (played the game, chose valkyrie, but saw it had limited animation), but it can't really be used.

Just be careful about ripping from Flash games, they'll either be vector based which is the 2D equivalent of 3D models in that they have a theoretical infinite number of poses. Or require tools to ensure you get the poses at all the same size.
(12-21-2009, 11:46 AM)xdonthave1xx Wrote: [ -> ]This is tough to say.
OK. A few things. First, be careful when ripping sprites from flash games since Flash is vector based which is good for animations since you can resize your image without it getting messed up. So if you must insist on ripping from Flash, you should look for a tool to do so (forgot the name of one I used to have [it was a trial version anyway]) but there are some. This would allow you to get the frames at a universal size, and would be very useful for the ones that are drawn as sprites.
I use Orbit Downloader to download the SWF files(games) and Sothink SWF Decompiler to rip the sprites. Exepted Mobile games, Flash games are the easiest to rip from