The VG Resource

Full Version: Dee GR8T DEBATE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've always wondered what do people think of pirating games?

Yay or nay? Why?

I personally think it's morally wrong, BUT I still do it as necessity there's so many things I want to play, can't afford to pay. When you have a job and you have other things to pay for but you still want to play I dunno...Kingdom Hearts Final Mix+, why buy a Jap PS2? Why not just mod it and buy the game? Oh wait, now I can play all and any new PS2 games that come out...hmmm.

It's an initial investment sometimes that saves you big money in the long run. R4,DSTT, to name some of the common things most kids in my area have. Yes, I tell parents upon purchasing a DS to grab a cart and when they're old enough teach them how to get it themselves. I know it's theft, I understand it's stealing creativity. But really, if it wasn't even possible I'd have to legitimately buy the game.
So wait, are you talking about stuff like mod chips and alterations to allow you to play games from other regions? Or are you talking about straight up downloading games without paying for them or something of the like?
(12-21-2009, 12:38 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]So wait, are you talking about stuff like mod chips and alterations to allow you to play games from other regions? Or are you talking about straight up downloading games without paying for them or something of the like?

Both basically. using any means to play games you were never intended to. Or playing games you didn't pay for.
i emulate urrrday

never emulated a current gen console though
not even a handheld :/

never used an R4, modchips or anything like that either
I have a DS flashcart.
However, I plan on eventually buying all of the good games for it anyway. (and by that, I mean the amazing level ones like FFIVDS, etc. The regular games stay on the flashcart.)

I much prefer physical copies, but it saves a lot of money for me to not have bought the 60+ games I currently have on my acekard.
Simple.

I pirate.

I'm not going to defend it.

I don't care what other people do, other people shouldn't care what I do.
i pirate stuff. And I frankly don't care what people think about pirating, if it was illegal, the websites hosting the content wouldn't be allowed online. Heart
(12-21-2009, 01:34 AM)Ravecat Wrote: [ -> ]Simple.

I pirate.

I'm not going to defend it.

I don't care what other people do, other people shouldn't care what I do.

this.
HARD.
I don't mind emulation for older systems no one can find anymore, like, two gens back and counting.

pirating, no. that's cheating the company out of money, simple as that. HOWEVER if someone uses pirating as a way to "try before they buy," then yes, I'm fine with that, as I do the exact same thing with music.
pirate, and if you think they deserve pay for the service you're getting, then pay
i know it's supposed to be the other way around, but that's how it is.
(12-21-2009, 01:51 AM)Rhymey Wrote: [ -> ]i pirate stuff. And I frankly don't care what people think about pirating, if it was illegal, the websites hosting the content wouldn't be allowed online. Heart
Orrrr maybe because the sites are hosted in Sweden and it's not illegal THERE?

Jesus, of course pirating is still illegal, and you can still be fined hundreds of thousands of dollars if they feel like it.
Don' give a fuck.

But I will buy budget priced/second hand games, and as presents for other people. But mostly I pirate because reviewing games is just EASIER that way.
I pirate because im not the richest man in the world and I can't just walk down the street and buy whatever game I want from the local gamestore (nor do they have many of the ones I want). I prefer to play it on an actual console though.
I have a friend who reviews games for a living (or used to. Ever heard of Games Master yeah no me neither), and he pirates all his games.
This has nothing to do with the topic.
(12-21-2009, 08:59 AM)Jovian-12 Wrote: [ -> ]uses pirating as a way to "try before they buy,"

I definitely do this.
Pages: 1 2