The VG Resource

Full Version: Decided to start working on a Paper Kirby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wanna see it? Here.
[Image: PaperKirbyPreview.png]
(12-19-2009, 12:53 AM)Number Six Wrote: [ -> ]Holy shit you did that so wrong.

that applies here. kirby is not a bumpy circle thing it is a ROUNDED circle, his eyes != | |, his shoes fit to his body, and his mouth is not a .

'Tis an attempt, which is more than most people do, however i'm going to be honest -- it's a somewhat bad one. :/
Make sure you take the colors from actual Paper Mario sprites. These colors don't appear to actually be in style.

As for the sprite itself, some of the lines look somewhat jagged and could be smoothed out. Make Kirby's body nice and round, then work on the arms. I think they should be more stubby and stick out more, rather than hanging right down. For the feet, look at some Paper Mario sprites for examples of how they can be done, as I recall quite a few enemies who have Kirby-like feet in game.

Also, remember that with Paper Mario, the outline is usually a dark shade of whatever color the rest of the object is, rather than black. So, Kirby's arms and body would be outlined in dark pink, his feet is dark red.
Also make sure he is the right size. He looks kinda big :/
the arms and legs bug me; it's something I see a lot of in amateur Kirby artists. his arms look floppy and his legs look weird and tacked on...

you should probably reference a real Kirby sprite sheet to help you with the posing. Kirby's arms are at his side, but they don't bend down like you have them. they just slightly stick out and are vaguely spherical. his feet also go in different directions, and aren't lumped in the front. they don't stick out too much further than the arms.
every single thing i posted in the previous two threads applies here too because you basically did the same thing with zero to no improvement at all.
what the crap is that thing
(12-21-2009, 03:00 PM)18lapeje Wrote: [ -> ] what the crap is that thing
that was a bit harsh, it just needs some work and I'm sure it will look better.