The VG Resource

Full Version: Haven't sprited in a while..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: efl1l4.png]
I was wondering where you'd been!

It looks alright, I like the colors mainly. Try to refine more and use your shades to your advantage. The black on the right side of the hat also seems a bit too harsh.

Either way, it's better than I remember from you, so good. Welcome back! Smile
Thanks, Dex! I fixed the hat. [Image: i6z1g5.png] And also, I'm not really sure what you mean by "refine more and use your shades to your advantage" Thanks again for the feedback.
Super Luigi!
[Image: mloy7c.png]
Fail hand Tongue
hey, I like that Luigi. Just fix that hand and it's ok.
[Image: 2usapuv.png] Fixed.
[Image: 95zsjm.gif] Hey people, animation!
it doesn't look that smooth... I'm not sure how to fix it though.
[Image: 16m1vur.gif] Here, I slowed it down. (Probably will make it easier to see whats wrong)
Also, [Image: 5x1loh.png]
the outline of that second one could probably use a lot of smoothing. a lot of straight lines where they shouldn't be and pointy corners in not-pointy places.
The animation may seem unsmooth because you don't have any stable points. In something like this, I would recommend that one of the feet stays in the exact same place. You have him arbitrarily shifting every so often. Here's a visual example of what I mean.
[Image: 16m1vur.gif]->[Image: 16m1vur.gif]
All I had to do was shift your entire first frame 1 pixel left. This makes his left leg consistent and stable through the whole animation.

He looks a tad jerky when he moves his body, and your gray for the skin is probably WAY too close to white. Otherwise, nice job, I like it.
make his left foot slide in the oposite direction. that way i'd look better as a idle stance and it wouldn't look so stiff.