The VG Resource

Full Version: Gosh.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: arceusgscdevampex.gif]
Trying to think of a simple animation for it ala Crystal but I can't think of anything within my skill level. (I blow at animating.)

Seems really small due to the size limits, too.
What do you guys think?
Raise one foot like a horse maybe?
invert it and make it sparkle, so it will look cosmic or something.... and do it while the hoove(?) is raised with the head forward.
Make the eye twinkle kinda like yukon said, or lower the head kind of like stantler did (in either crystal or emerald, don't remember)
I think it deserves a more badass looking angle
It shows up as just the ring, and then the body fades in and roars. IIRC the Crystal animations had 4-frames so
- Just the ring
- Faint outline
- The complete sprite
- Head reared.

It's funny how the number of frames for animation went down in subsequent gens, but then they had more 'mon, and the advantage of Mode 7...
Actually, the number of sprites in an animation depended on the Pokemon. Gligar, IIRC, had two sprites, while some other had maybe eight. That could work, and would probably be easy enough.

Also, what kind of badass angle, exactly?
use these as examples for animations. Gilgar had 2 and Celebi had 14, but most had either 4 or 8.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy...index.html
Well, Arcues is just standing their for his base pose. Maybe try to pull a Stantler and give it some perspective. It just looks kinda boring for god.
Page five buuuuump.
[Image: arceusgscwip.png]
Better new pose even if it's still an obvious WIP?

Also, someone mind animating the little menu sprites? (That were way easier to make than I thought they would be) I wanna see how it looks just out of curiosity. c:

Stealth edit to fix the neck area on the menu sprites because the cutoff looks weird animated.
[Image: arcuesicon.gif]

Also thats looking way better <:
(12-28-2009, 11:22 PM)Devicho Wrote: [ -> ]Page five buuuuump.
Better new pose even if it's still an obvious WIP?

Also, someone mind animating the little menu sprites? (That were way easier to make than I thought they would be) I wanna see how it looks just out of curiosity. c:

Stealth edit to fix the neck area on the menu sprites because the cutoff looks weird animated.
looks great so far
Did the smallest bit of work, I suck at making the wheel/cross thing.
the legs are almost identical, right? Then why not make a gallop animation for one leg and then just alternate its starting frame with the others.

You can do 3 gallop frames for a leg, one raised up, one in place like now, and one pulling back. Pretty simple way to go?

and then the head can just bob up and down, and the wheel, left and right. The sprites too small and the style of GB is too low framerated to have a complicated animation, its simple but it has lots of movement to it.
I can attempt that, I suppose. I have another idea in my mind of having him lift his head a bit and glow or something. Guess I can try both and see which one I screw up less.

In the meantime since I can't stay focused on a sprite for more than about a day, let's kick this back a few years.
[Image: arceusrbdevamp.png]
Pages: 1 2