The VG Resource

Full Version: He has a bomb floating over his head
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And should stop stealing tid bits and ideas from 1 Up
[Image: 95tr1y.jpg]

I tried messing around to add a peering over? I guess animation for Goomba :/

[Image: mu90eq.jpg]

tried to sprite my ref :/

C+C appreciated
Goomba look very flat when bending over, and your ref's head could have sharper edges, also, dont make his leg a straight line
[Image: vsh15x.jpg]

Something I don't really like about it, but :/

C+C?
(12-15-2009, 07:46 PM)Charlie the Misfit Toy Wrote: [ -> ]your ref's head could have sharper edges, also, dont make his leg a straight line
1,2, or 3? And A or B?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3198]

Personally I like the 3rd one :/

1 is a stance I saw in a karate class on Main Street, 2 is using Iori as a reference, and 3 is just the back leg of the 2nd one edited to both legs
1, it adds more movement, and b for the head. You should also make it less tall.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3201]

Shortened him a few pixels. Also made the regular, idle head. (The other is a angry, or battle pose head) and the first frame of a short, salute taunt.

I think I'll use number 3's legs for idle and attention poses.
less black outlines in smaller sprites in favor of using shading to define shapes would do an awesome boost to these small sprites.
[Image: 28wfk0o.png]
(The right one hasnt been worked on at all)

Tried following Metaru's advice.

As much as I could, could you explain it a bit? Its going over my head.

Also tried fixing some of the shading.

Im not real satisfied how it turned out, Ill work on it more when I can get on a computer and not an Ipod
look at my avatar, it has literally no outlines but instead uses shading in some key parts to give it depth.
[Image: 30mptt3.png]

Okay Meteru.

Top is no outlines, and bottom is no outlines, and trying to shade in key spots to define the shape.
ooh, I really like those now. the bottom moreso.

personally, however, I've found a more orangey color to be good for shading yellow instead of just plain old dark yellow. dark yellow looks pretty icky.
[Image: 2nlzf5g.png]

Any better?

Also another TSR rep and a MFGG one~