The VG Resource

Full Version: Michael Jackson confirmed to have composed the Sonic 3 soundtrack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
While many people "knew" that Michael Jackson had worked on Sonic 3, there had been no confirmed proof of it.

Until now.

Quote: B&W: Can you clarify the rumor that Michael had in 1993 composed the music for Sonic 3 video game, for which you havel been credited?

Buxer: I’ve never played the game so I do not know what tracks on which Michael and I have worked the developers have kept, but we did compose music for the game. Michael called me at the time for help on this project, and that’s what I did.
And if he is not credited for composing the music, it’s because he was not happy with the result sound coming out of the console. At the time, game consoles did not allow an optimal sound reproduction, and Michael found it frustrating. He did not want to be associated with a product that devalued his music…

B&W: One of the surprising things in this soundtrack is that you can hear the chords from Stranger in Moscow, which is supposed to have been composed later…

Buxer: Yes, Michael and I had composed those chords for the game, and it has been used as base for Stranger in Moscow. [...]

So he was uncredited, not because of scandal, but because he didn't like hearing his music out of a Sega Genesis sound chip.
Hm.
VIDEOGAME MUSIC IS SHIT, IT'S ALL BLEEP BLEEP BLOOP

etc. etc.

Although I guess that was true at the time.
Sonic 2's music is far superior and it didn't need any jackson on it.
I really liked some of the music on the Genesis, partly because of the distinctive sound which I found to be quite charming.
:/
(12-14-2009, 06:41 AM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]Sonic 2's music is far superior and it didn't need any jackson on it.
(12-14-2009, 06:41 AM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]Sonic 2's music is far superior and it didn't need any jackson on it.
The ENTIRE GAME was superior, but let's not go into arguments here.
Though yes, I agree.
Sonic3&knucles is far superior in terms of gameplay.
pretty interesting, good to see it finally confirmed.

Ice Cap Zone is pretty hardcore.
I actually knew the first guy to theorize this. (Ben2k9 the CyberEchidna, as he was known at the time.) So I've known about the theory for a while. The main fuel for the theory wasn't just that the songs sounded alike, but that they were changed/removed in subsequent versions.

I'm not a MJ fan, but IMO this is his best work.
micheal the jackson 3
I own Sonic 2 via the Sega Smash Pack that also includes Comix Zone and Flicky, but there are no save points so if I stop playing I have to start the fuck over.
how long could it take you to beat sonic 2 idk.
Not at one time I'm not that patient.

hydrocity zone act 2, flying battery zone

shut your mouth
(12-14-2009, 12:41 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]
The ENTIRE GAME was superior, but let's not go into arguments here.
Though yes, I agree.

hahaha yeah right
because Sonic 2's graphics are clearly superior as well

(12-14-2009, 10:00 PM)bryan GT broyan Wrote: [ -> ]

hydrocity zone act 2, flying battery zone

shut your mouth

thankin this post hard
Pages: 1 2 3 4