The VG Resource

Full Version: animation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: fk5e6h.jpg]
8bit pick-hair-with-hand animation

c+c

tbh i was actually doing that while making this animation
thats not 8bit.
It's not within the 8x8 multiple hieght/width limits to be 8bit
define 8-bit for me so i may understand it better please
its a common misconception to label as '8bit' sprites that are simple in terms of shading/desing, in reference to the NES and Master System's early pixel graphics. in simple words, being simple doesnt mean its 8bit. unless you're planning to replicate the actual technical limitations of a given console or computer of that era.
well i know that. pretty much what i know so far is that 8-bit limits the colors to 4 colors (transparency being one of them) per 8x8 tile. however ive never cared about tearing or sprite size or anything that much
(12-12-2009, 11:24 PM)Apparatus Wrote: [ -> ]It's not within the 8x8 multiple hieght/width limits to be 8bit

It's composed of multiple sprites. Problem solved.

In any case, the motion doesn't really work. Just moving your hand causes all sorts of other muscles to move as well. And if his hands are that big, how do they fit in his pocket?
its not about if your particular sprite is or not under the spectrum of a NES. its just rather the fact that we're saying its not right to call a simple sprite 8bit., just because its commonly used as a excuse for poor shading.
(12-13-2009, 03:06 AM)Teddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2009, 11:24 PM)Apparatus Wrote: [ -> ]It's not within the 8x8 multiple hieght/width limits to be 8bit

It's composed of multiple sprites. Problem solved.

In any case, the motion doesn't really work. Just moving your hand causes all sorts of other muscles to move as well. And if his hands are that big, how do they fit in his pocket?
hey look emerls back anyway

yeah, it does look weird that you now mention it. ill fix that. thanks man

edit: [Image: so20zb.jpg]
that better? the hand at the end looks p. fucked up but i tried fixing it and only succeeded in screwing it up more