The VG Resource

Full Version: How do you make a free fangame?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do you make a fangame, and can somone sugjest where I could make one free?
I don't know if there are any EASY game makers out there, but the two more common game making softwares I've heard of are Game Maker (which I have little knowledge on), and the Games Factory line, which is Games Factory 1 & 2, and Multimedia Fusion 1 & 2. I actually own Games Factory, and I have the demo for Multimedia Fusion 2, which I might get.. It's not programing in the sense one might normally think of programing, but in order to make a GOOD game, you need to have good knowledge of the software. Also, the Games Factory products aren't free, but the newest versions have demos, I believe.
(12-10-2009, 05:01 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if there are any EASY game makers out there, but the two more common game making softwares I've heard of are Game Maker (which I have little knowledge on), and the Games Factory line, which is Games Factory 1 & 2, and Multimedia Fusion 1 & 2. I actually own Games Factory, and I have the demo for Multimedia Fusion 2, which I might get.. It's not programing in the sense one might normally think of programing, but in order to make a GOOD game, you need to have good knowledge of the software. Also, the Games Factory products aren't free, but the newest versions have demos, I believe.

thanks
I suggest doing a google search for some game making forums that detail how to do more intricate stuff for those game making engines. I WOULD say try Youtube, but the video quality is usually crap, and as a result, you can't actually SEE what they are doing in their engine.
Basic Game Maker is free. You pay $20 for 3D, online play, and some other graphics stuff.
Eclipse or XtremeWorlds.
RPG Maker 2000 or 2003, easiest handling I know. There are limitations (no pixel movement, 256 colours each chipset/charset, etc.), but it has ready-made event commands (forks, variables, switches, show picture and so on) and the database is also completely pre-built.
(01-02-2010, 02:15 PM)Davias Wrote: [ -> ]RPG Maker 2000 or 2003, easiest handling I know. There are limitations (no pixel movement, 256 colours each chipset/charset, etc.), but it has ready-made event commands (forks, variables, switches, show picture and so on) and the database is also completely pre-built.

Technically those aren't "supposed" to be free. But yeah.
(01-24-2010, 12:39 PM)SengirDev Wrote: [ -> ]http://creators.xna.com/en-US/downloads

quoted and thanked
Stencyl.

Not public yet, but hey, you can apply for an invite somehow. :p
just get construct.

it's basically stencyl, but it's actually OUT.
No, Construct is basically MMF2/TGF but free.
The cool cats use MUGEN Cool
Pages: 1 2