The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic-Styles pokemon sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This has probebly been over-used, but i don't mind much. I've been working with this style for almost a year now, imporving as i go. Here is some of my recent work:

[Image: f936a745e5A59.png]

My favorite one is Dialga, despite missing the steel fin on his back.

Comment and Criticisms is appriciated

Credit goes where credit is due.
I'm sorry but, munchlax and charmander really don't look good, same with shaymin
Although I doubt most of these would be considered acceptable to the site considering it greatly alters the nature of the pokemon, it's actually something I've never thought to do that actually doesn't look that bad.

As for the style, it doesn't seem that bad to me, but I don't have a trained eye for the particular sonic style. -Shrugs-
Every single one looks like Sonic. Try and customise it a bit more so its not so clear what you used as a base.
unknowns post p. much sums it up but there's afew things no one pointed out yet

on mewtwo the tail is split in half.. if you look at the actual sprite of mewtwo you would know that mewtwo has a single upright tail
shaymin doesn't look right, it's supposed to be on all fours like a dog or cat, so that could be why. same with dialga.
bedlum/metang/metagross or whatever that one is just lol
the others are meh-ish. keep working tho, and it's not a bad start.
The only good ones are Shaymin and Dialga.
The frog is decent, but it looks waaaaaaaaay too much like Espio.
What's going on with Mewtwo's tail there?

The rest look waaaaay too much like Tails.
Riolu is decent at best.
I dont think thats mewtwo lol notice the wings under his arms? (unless thats some kind of magic power coming out of his arms :/) I cant remember exactly the name of the pokemon its sopose to be but all I know is that the creator should probably edit its head to look alot less then mewtwo.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it's aerodactyl
OH
OHHHHHH

okay
wow hahaha
I couldn't tell that at all
yeah aerodactyl seems to be channeling some mewtwo there, perhaps make his snout longer? I mean, Sonic characters are allowed to have long snouts. (Vector) you could also make his wings more Rouge-like and not so spread far out and near his arms.

charmander/munchlax/everyone on the bottom row except dialga could use having their heads a bit rounder, especially in the back. they look kinda scrunched.
the novelty of the idea is nice, yet you're still stuck within the limits of a simple sprite edit. unless you actually work beyond the base, or even better make one of your own, they're all bound to be nothing but decent to elaborated sonic recolors.
Personally, I think with some practice you could actually do work beyond editing the sonic sprites, because as I said earlier, not that bad really.
One thing that I found curious is the removal of the snouts on certain characters that would have them, like Charmander, Larvitar and the baby Lucario, whose name escapes me for some reason.

Also, that Mewtwo's a Gligar. I think... His head doesn't look right.
Nah, that's definitely an Aerodactyl.
I can see what he was trying to do, but he didn't pull it off well.
Yeah, I had to look a bit harder to tell. Has the same problems as the other ones without their snouts, as I mentioned. Also, the nature of the original pokemon doesn't lend itself well to a biped style so much.
They're not horrible, though. I have seen much, much worse sonic edits.

So, just try to come up with your own stuff now. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3