The VG Resource

Full Version: Touhou: Chronicles of Gensokyo [RPMG] [Role Playing Movie Game]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya, name's Zeke. New to the forum.
To make a long story short, I'm proposing a collaboration Flash game in Creative Suite 4.

I want to make a Touhou RPG game, using a turn based battle system using SWR sprites of all Touhou characters from PC-98 to 12.

To avoid problems later, Im gonna admit this now. I'm a complete novice with ActionScript, I cannot code nor sprite to save my life. All Im good for are plot developments and story writing. I want to make this game to bring a dream to life, cause after all, what is Gensokyo but a Fantasy World made up of dreams?

The basic storyline is of a boy, or girl (the player may choose gender at the beginning) who comes to Gensokyo from the real world, they haven't died, but have merely fallen through the barrier between the two worlds... literally. Reimu notices the player one evening before bed as a falling star that lands in the forest of magic nearby. Concerned it might lead to another incident, Reimu decides to investigate before things get out of hand. After navigating the forest via a set path and battling some FOEs (I'm gonna need Mystical Chain's FOE sprites), they find the player unconcious, surrounded by some FOE and a hungry looking non-human youkai. Reimu defeats the enemies and brings the player back, but upon the next morning, the player wakes up with amnesia... or is it?

I found some overworld sprites and some face icons for dialouge via google, I forget where the overworld sprites are, but I know the face icons are from danbooru. The fact of the matter is, though, that I need all the characters from PC98 - 12, as stated above. That means Face Icons, Overworls Sprites, and Battle Sprites (In SWR format please)

I'm VERY serious about doing this project, and am willing to offer all contributors a special password that they are free to share with other people that will offer some special surprises.

Reply to this topic if your interested, or PM me for more info.

PS, DarkOverord, I already sent you some PMs about it, but Im very impressed with your topic that I bumped (sorry about bumping that old topic again, btw).

Basically, the positions open are:

Spriters: Gonna need one that can either edit existing sprites to make the ones that are missing, or one that can make good ones from scratch.

Programmers: Need an RPG Engine that includes leveling, menu, etc etc...

Mapper: I'm not totally sure how Gensokyo looks, though I can only fathom after playing Touhou RPG: Lost Sky...

Again, I'm really serious about this project. I love the Touhou series and would like to see my dream become a reality. (It would be nice if it got featured in Touhou Wiki too...).

PSS, I downloaded the opening of Defiant of Shrine Maiden from youtube and encoded it as an .flv thinking I could modify it in Flash so I could replace the title and take out some scenes that didn't mesh with what I had in mind... but after getting it in Flash, I can't modify it... if anyone can produce a custom opening... something like Fragrance of Oriental Sunflower PV, or like Defiant of Shrine Maiden, or a mix of the two (Those feel so right to me to use as the opening, but Im open to suggestions, serious openings though, nothing comical)

PSSS, I changed it to RPMG, cause I forgot to mention that I wanted it to have cutscenes, like Super Mario Bros Z on newgrounds.

PSSSS, HALP! I cannot find the overworld sprites that I found last time, as I forgot to save them to My Pictures! I'm working on finding what I mentioned in here to give you all a general idea of what I meant I would be using. If you find the overworld spritesheet, please reply to this topic with it. Thanks.

PSSSSS:
(Wow, right after I posted this, I went to get the Youmu one, but the site went down... how weird is that?)
[attachment=3169]

PSSSSSS:
60 views... 0 replies... man, this thread is getting ignored like heck. I wonder if theres anything preventing people from replying with stuff as simple as "This looks like an interesting project" or "Hey, I think I might be interested, can you tell me about..."
Wow, 100 views and I'm the first one to reply. o _ O
That doesn't happen on any of the other forums I go to, lolz.

This seems like a good project, sorry to see your not getting any help yet. I can't sprite and icon either. I'm also sorry that I don't know anyone who can.

Btw, where'd you get that sprite for your avatar? Looks awesome xD
(12-10-2009, 06:15 PM)Shin I. Gami Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, 100 views and I'm the first one to reply. o _ O
That doesn't happen on any of the other forums I go to, lolz.

This seems like a good project, sorry to see your not getting any help yet. I can't sprite and icon either. I'm also sorry that I don't know anyone who can.

Btw, where'd you get that sprite for your avatar? Looks awesome xD

Haha, I know how you feel. Yea, I guess everyone is busy with other projects. I already been chewed out by two mods. On my first post for bumping an old thread just for asking the topic poster for help, and the other time when I was posting my general stuff in general chat. Although I do admit that I advertised this topic there, so that got me in trouble...

As for the sprite, I took the first Marisa Kirisame sprite from the Touhou SWR stuff and did a little editing. You wont believe how hard it was getting the pants just right... other than that, the hat and excess hair were easy to deal with.

Btw, I thanked you for your reply, it's good to know I'm not getting totally ignored here, haha. I guess I'll just wait for more replies.
you know what scares people away? the fact that, even if you really managed to write a plot/universe for your game, with character backgrounds, locations, storyline, and all, you'd barely get people interested if you don't have at least some solid proof of what you already have.(this is, a written document of the plot, the characters, locations, weapons, system, etc).

and again if you have it, if people is not interested or doesn't share the same interest on it, there is nothing you can do. as shit as it sounds, you can't expect everyone to jump overexcited into your project just because it sounds awesome for you.
(12-10-2009, 06:31 PM)Lv47Thief Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]you know what scares people away? the fact that, even if you really managed to write a plot/universe for your game, with character backgrounds, locations, storyline, and all, you'd barely get people interested if you don't have at least some solid proof of what you already have.(this is, a written document of the plot, the characters, locations, weapons, system, etc).

and again if you have it, if people is not interested or doesn't share the same interest on it, there is nothing you can do. as shit as it sounds, you can't expect everyone to jump overexcited into your project just because it sounds awesome for you.

Yea, I guess you got a point there... I'll go ahead and type out the plot and get some screenshots of what I have so far in Flash CS4... sorry.

EDIT: Here is the Game Design Document (GDD)... I think thats what it's supposed to be called... maybe the plot... I'll include the rest later... been a busy day.

EDIT2: I updated the GDD a bit more to cover the general idea of what I had in mind for battles. If you guys can suggest something to help me refine the idea, it would be appreciated.

I won't stop till this game becomes a reality!
[attachment=3216]

EDIT3: Photoshop & Flash are being idiot's to me, but I wanted to show you guys the general character setup I had in mind, so without further ado... in honor of idiots everywhere... my cruddy depiction:
[Image: generalidea.png]