The VG Resource

Full Version: Villager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: villageranim.gif]
Ugh, I remember why I don't sprite much anymore

I believe his moveset will use his tools, I don't feel like looking through the whole player pitch thread to find out exactly what it is, though
Not a bad base. Maybe a pattern for the hat and shirt, though.
I think the face could be a bit more expressive.
Give it a big cheesy smile. Then when it gets hit, it can make an OW face.
A.J. Nitro Wrote:Here's an Animal Crosser moveset:

B: Slingshot - hold down the button, aim with the controls, once you let go of the button, fire away!
Side B: Bug Net - Can catch projectiles to keep from hitting you.
Down B: Shovel - Dig up items. Fossils etc.
Up B: Fishing Rod - Used like Link's hookshot or Ivysaur's Vinewhip to recover.

Final Smash: Furniture Drop - put down furniture (like the way it's dropped in the games) and you have the ability to push or pull them to create walls to block your opponents. You can drop as many furniture as you can.

Alt. Costume: Female Version.
Number Six Wrote:Items that you dig up could vary between fossils (throw them), in-game items (rare) and trophies (like 1% chance of this right here).

Oh, and the fishing rod should work as a meteor smash or a distance variable grab if the enemy is the exact distance of the length of the rod's reel
Sol Wrote:I had an idea for the Animal Crossing villager's FS. It could be called "Debt Paid" or something, where basically the character takes out a bag of bells, throws it upwards off screen, and as they do their quick little "YEAH I'M DEBT FREE" dance, the largest version of the Animal Crossing house falls from the sky and lands on the stage, dealing massive damage to whoever it hits and sending them flying. It disappears after a bit. It was a rough idea, so it could be tweaked.

Another idea for his FS would be the golden tools. Maybe all his moves would just be made more powerful, and the ones involving the normal tools would be replaced with the golden versions and be given additional effects for the duration of the FS?
GaryCXJk Wrote:For the Animal Crossing villager, I can easily see a moveset. Hell, both the B-moves as well as the Final Smash were made up nicely. For the A moves, it could be simply range from hitting with his hands or, if it really must, with random items, to ludicrous attacks actually involving things like placing a pattern on the floor (Down Smash) or pulling out an umbrella (Up Smash), or even changing a hat (with the spinning effect, which could easily be his Forward Smash). Hell, his Dash A could be the frantic movement he makes when he gets hit by a beehive. Or bees, whatever you call it.

I mean, that's one character that wouldn't be easy to pull out of your ass. And we don't even need voice for him or her. Not even hurt sounds! So we can make the Villager gender-independent! How convenient is that!
koopaul Wrote:I kinda came up with some A moves that involve using a roman candle, blowing bubbles and using a pinwheel as a buzzsaw.

But we can also use some of his aerobic moves.
JoseFan Wrote:Well, I'm boring and I've done a remix of all AC villager suggestions plus some own ideas:

ANIMAL CROSSING VILLAGER
Entrance: Two options:
- Animal Crossing Villager is sleeping in a bed, and then he/she wakes up.
- The little house from AC are in the stage, villager opens the door and leaves the house.

Neutral Special:
Slingshot - Hold down the button, aim with the controls, once you let go of the button... Fire away!
Side Special:
Bug Net - Can catch projectiles to keep from hitting you.
Up Special: Two ideas:
a) Balloon Climb: The villager takes a lot of colourful balloons to recover. When you're some seconds with the balloons, they explote and cause damages to enemies.
b) Uses a big butterfly. The same effect that Balloon Climb.
Down Special:
Shovel - Dig up items could vary between fossils or gyroids (throw them like a baseball player with the shovel), traps (common, less than fossils or gyroids) in-game items (rare) and trophies (like 1% chance of this right here).
Final Smash:
Debt Paid - The character takes out a bag of bells, throws it upwards off screen, and as they do their quick little "YEAH I'M DEBT FREE!!" dance, the largest version of the Animal Crossing house falls from the sky and lands on the stage, dealing massive damage to whoever it hits and sending them flying. It disappears after a bit.

A+A+A: Punch, punch, kick!
Dash A: The frantic movement he makes when he gets hit by a beehive.
A Forward Smash: Attack throwing hot coffee
A Down Smash: Roman candles / Involving things like placing a pattern on the floor
A Up Smash: Blow bubbles
A Forward: Hitting with the axe
A Down: Attack unrolling and rolling Savannah's carpets
A Up: Pullout an umbrella.
Air Normal: ¿¿??
Air Up: Dress up with a spinny hat
Air Down: Flicks a pinwheel as a spinning blade.
Air Forward: Use a tune to attack?, it can be a meteor smash (The same that Mario air side)
Air Back: ¿¿??
Grab: Fishing Rod - Villager can catch the enemies with it if the enemy is the exact distance of the length of the rod's reel. Even he can use it like a recover moveset.

Alternate Costume: Female version / Tom Nook's employee clothes -This one maybe be in Alternate colours-
Alternate Colours: Different clothes from Pili and Mili's shop.

Taunts:
~ Shows a fish / bug
~ Eats a fruit
~ ¿¿??

Definitely, this character could be awesome xD I like all your ideas, guys.

Edit: I've forgotten some moves, sorry. I'm going to edit it.
Forgot to add the cheesy smile, but
[Image: villageranim.gif]
His legs look more like hes sliding, and his legs are missing the second half of the cycle
It started out as a leg-sliding idle, but ended up as walking. I forgot about the legs when switching.
[Image: 90208686.png]

Something closer to this would be good for expression. Maybe the head could stand to be a pixel wider? Also, shoes?
As for his clothes, should they change with each palette swap, like Ness does in Brawl? We could make them the pool ball-themed clothes so just the color and the number change.
I updated the first post, and yeah, idk exactly how to do the shoes. maybe someone could give me a hand with Villager

I tried to do the eyes better, but your's has the same problem mine did: it looks like it has eyeliner/lipstick.
Yeah, it does. Maybe we can play with the skin tone. One of the problems I see now is that he looks too much like normal proportions. He should be thinner with a slightly bigger head. And A+ for giving him the horn hat.
I used Ness' skin colors
Well damn. And does he look too small to anyone else?
Put him on the size chart for comparison. He should be shorter than Mario by like, 2 or 3 pixels at the most, I think.
He needs more triangle nose

I think you should make the head a bit bigger so you can get more detail in there
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6